CS-closed GT Challenge Season 3

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angel sancho

angel sancho Registered

OK
    Thank you very much and for the race you will use discord or teamspeak

2. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

TS angel, I think Jimmi would have to send an email tomorrow to everyone from div4 up with the information of everything, a greeting.

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

The email said "be free to use ts" though, so I guess it's not mandatory

4. Chris Vacca

Chris Vacca Registered

i think i might have put the wrong email address in the comp Sys at registration, can this be rectified from anywhere?

5. Please join our discord and check the channel: #gt-challenge, our main communication for the season will be there - however a standard briefing is posted here:

Season Race briefings

Qualifying: Private, otherwise nothing specific, you may use escape (for now)

Race: For both races, an additional 3 minutes will be included in the race time to cater to a manual formation lap (under pit limiter).
    The pole sitter may start the race at ANY point after the final turn towards the S/F line.
    Once the pole sitter accelerates with conviction (after which he may not continue the lap under pit limiter), the race begins, and drivers may pass one another.
    The entire track will be an orange zone during the formation lap and lap 1.
    Drivers must complete an in-lap before escaping unless told otherwise by race control.
    Drivers STAY on the server from the practice session ahead of qualification for race 1 until the end of race 2. Drivers should not expect to be able to continue participating in this event if they leave mid-event.
    The race 2 grid will be decided by a top 10 reverse grid from the race 1 results.

Disclaimer
    In the case that lag, a disconnection, or a major game bug affects your race, we cannot adjust the finishing positions post-race or restart the race
    Restarts will only take place in the event of a major server issue which affects the majority of the grid.

Matthias Weber likes this.
  6. I believe i saw this. We need the system to be able to edit these things. But please send me a PM with details.

7. Lucas Alves

Lucas Alves Registered

Hi, I rated in 50 position. So, my team don't send my livery. Can I race today with some original livery? And can I send my livery for the next race? @Jimmi Allison

8. yes, it will be the one you used for qual

9. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

What a round! Really really happy with P8 and P6 in a split where everyone should have been faster than me xD got into S3 bc some drivers didnt register. I really hope it doesnt end like the last season. PS: Will there be an updated skin pack at some point ?

Anyway, a great event. CS worked perfectly fine for me. Big thank you to everyone involved, see you whereever we go next.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Matthias Weber likes this.
  10. Arjan Veltens

Arjan Veltens Registered

So what happens when people fully dive-bomb you and both of you do not crash because the defending party almost stops on the circuit to avoid a mega crash? Guess we will find out in two weeks time after the first protests :rolleyes:

Sebastian Pfeiffer likes this.
  11. Philipp Drayss

Philipp Drayss Registered

I had massive issues for the second race in Split 1 which were already known for several month:

I had to reconnect before the second race because I could not see any opponents after the track was loaded (between race 1 and 2). I had reported this issue regarding invisible opponents several weeks ago together with Max Melamed in Discord and provided log files when this happens. We found a fix that when you delete the cbash and shaders before reconnecting, then you can see everyone on the server again. As I had to reconnect I lost my starting position for the second race. Please have a look at this issue, this prevents me from a proper second race. @Jimmi Allison

I know that we should stay on the server between the races, but if I would do that, nobody on the server could see me or the other way round. After I reconnected there were like 3 minutes left of the pre-race warum-up but still I did not get my proper starting position assigned.

Georgi Nedev likes this.
  12. Alvaro Inchausti

Alvaro Inchausti Registered

p7 in the first race and in the second, going to secure p6, an intelligent man arrived on the last lap who did as they say in Spain "the police force" and at the end p11. I had never made a protest but I think this will be the first one I do. Greetings great and clean races in D4 and see you in SPA

13. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

What a startup disaster, I can't enter the server and I have to delete all the content and reinstall it. when I finally manage to enter the server they are already finishing race 1 and at least I can run race 2, starting last, I manage to climb several positions until a car crosses the track uncontrolled and takes me ahead .. end .. .

14. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

15. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

Agreed... I ran into that same issue with no way to know WHAT content I needed to uninstall/reinstall. After I re-subscribed to the Season 3 workshop, it ended up in a state where every time I would start up rF2, it would once again say "installing gtc_season3". Then I'd check the available series and it wouldn't be there. Then I'd restart the game, and it'd do the same thing... "installing gtc_season3" but not actually show up in the Series list. Someone finally pointed me to the ModMgr program which finally helped me sort out of my issues (being able to properly uninstall all the related packages), but the races were both over by the time I figured out how to fix it. Really disappointing experience after practicing so leading up to the event. I know it's been said a million times but the developers REALLY need to spend some time polishing these kind of interactions.

16. Karoly Mayer

Karoly Mayer Registered

Hi guys, i am afraid I have to report myself, so it want my honor. I have to admit, I am new in the series, a bit late signed up and did not find this forum to read carefully the rules before "starting the engine".... and I did'nt realized that we have a rolling start in this competition. I made some troubles at the start due to this fact and I realized just before that I was an amok runner there. I did not know why the others are so slow, honestly, I thougt it might some server issue or lag. So to my biggest surprise I won both races, but this title should not go to me. Please forgive my stupidity, normally I always stay for clear and fair race, but on Monday 15th I made my mistake.
    Of course I acknoledge and I also ask for correction in points. If you disqualify me from the 1st round, its ok for me. I do not want to have 20+35 points without performance, it would be greatly incorrect towards the other guys out on the track. However, I hope, I can continue the Season. I came here to learn, do not want to distort the result.
    My deepest sorry again for it, see you at Spa on 29th! :) @Jimmi Allison can you please help how to progress with consequences?

Plus a constructive proposal: would be great if all informations, including decsription of the competition, code of conduct, links, etc. would be accessible directly from the start side of the respective Competition ingame rF2. Would have definetly not happened this with me.

17. Unfortuantly I have no idea who you are, since you are using a nick name. But if you were the winner in split 5 in both races, dont worry you will be DQ´ed from that. points etc will be updated early next week ;) but nice of you to post for sure. Thank you.

Adrian Blasco and Matthias Weber like this.
  18. angel sancho

angel sancho Registered

Good morning, can someone tell me if they have put the repetitions of the races and where they are, I can't find them anywhere, thanks

19. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

You mean replays. I wonder the same. Seems like they are not uploaded, neither for Pro

20. Alexey Kutsak

Alexey Kutsak Registered

Replays were uploaded in discord as far as I remember. At least I managed somehow to look through them. But yes, would be more convinient to see link here as well in my opinion

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.