Few Concerning Points about rF2 Discord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

that discord has gone to be circle jerk of that 0.1% of this community that hang in there everyday and night. low and behold if you participate in there without pizza or beer jokes. that same bunch behave like "high school footballers" (in murican films) to anyone they dont like or dont want in their circle jerk.
    you can have it all to your selves if i care.
    but its rf2 official discord. not your little club.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    RoboCAT10, sg333 and Sim_Player like this.
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Although the name calling was very harsh and should not be on there, there is a reason it happens.

As you can see from your snippets of convo, people were sick of that same conversation over and over again. We started off telling you this convo has taken place multiple times, also on the forums, and we referred to that thread (the second snippet was not the first time me telling you that that convo was on the forum and that you should go there, that's why it was already in a more annoyed manner, well snippeted btw to make us look bad). You kept on ignoring that, even though everyone active in that server at the time told you that this was the case, and kept on pushing on about it. You even asked for my opinion, when I already told you to go to the forum to the thread that was linked multiple times, where my actual opinion is in. You kept asking for a yes or no answer which it clearly wasn't. That's why the forum is better for that since it's usually long posts.

Why do you keep ignoring that if you want to know an answer to that question? We're you there to get an answer to your question, or were you there just for the sake of arguing about physics? As you might have noticed, the last one isn't very liked.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've already explained that to you multiple times. A driver much much faster than me, and I believe faster than you, also told you he didn't drive that way - and if that sort of driving was faster, he would have. You're continually showing a video of a fast driver driving that way, yet not driving faster than other fast drivers, and saying that makes it a flaw that allows for faster driving. It's a nonsense.

You can't drive a car below its limit, then drive the car sliding more and do the same speed or faster, and say that proves the 'different driving' is rewarded.

I keep saying that. Others keep saying that. We've had discussions in private. You bring it up again. We say no. You drag up the video again.

Are all the responses warranted? No. Do they need to be dragged into here? No.

If someone says something offensive or you think they've overstepped the line, report it to an admin. This thread isn't doing anything.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Sim_Player and one more, just in the hope that it might get through: many of those same people you're accusing of dismissing all your concerns out of hand, have stated - and continue to state - that there are issues with the physics.

Your other accusations about me and what I've said in the above posts show themselves to be untrue, so I'll leave those alone.

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Wrong. And if you actually went to that forum post, you would've known that about me at least :p

Again, wrong. Just like the quote above, these are assumptions that just because they confirm what you want to believe, are truth to you.

Your observations were already posted on the forum, which we linked to you, and there has been a very sizeable thread about it (multiple even). The people (which you were already having the physics conversation with, so no, this did not happen because you were negative about rF2 physics like you again assumed) told you that that conversation already and that there is this thread to answer your questions. Yet you still want to continue that particular question about it, which the people in that conversation told you they didn't want to have AGAIN.

If you still don't get what the actual problem is, your loss. I'm gonna go back to the discord complaining about the damage model, BMW M2 physics, downshift protection, the UI, and all other things I am negative about rF2 on that discord (interesting how I don't get 'bullied').

6. Comante

Comante Registered

How many account will you open just to refrain the same BS , get banned for it , rinse and repeat?

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Words are just for guidance. It takes time and evidence to see how true they are.

Of many things I have ever said I was just interested in truth. On my ways in simracing social spaces I have found myself to be really disliked permanently by several people. Sometimes only for single not even significant disagreement.

If you would ask me, that is not normal. Often it renders your whole being ignored including every good and valuable thing you have to say, or have done. But you will find yourself useful when at some less stable position, getting bullied, discredited or reduced somehow. The less those things happen, the better and healthier community is IMO.

8. TJones

TJones Registered

So it's about this excessive turn in at mid corner.
    No, I personally dont think that this technique gives you any improvement. You have a peak grip at roughly about 5-6 deg, which isn't static anyway. Below and above that peak grip it falls off more or less. You often can feel this throu FFB at mid corner, ok there's also pneumatic trail which could interfere, but ususally FFB give you good idea about grip at the front axle.
    In theory this technique might work (or not) in some cerain circumstances, for example with generally to low tyre temp on the front, to bring surface temp up closer to optimum, and you might have better front at exit. But then it's the question if the gain throu better grip at exit, because of increased temp overcome the loss of grip at mid corner because of to high slip angle.
    What I think however is that grip didn't decrease enough with raising slip angle, tendentially so more or less depending on vehicle, this is why youre able to catch slides, even at high speeds in for example high downforce cars. Something you would rarely see in real live racing. So this "bit to low decrease of grip at high slip angle" mean that you didnt get punished enough (compared to real live) for using this technique in the video.
    Just my thought's. :)

@Sim_Player
    I dont know what Lazza wrote, or try to explain you. But generally please keep in mind, he's around here since rF1 times, so over a deceade. AFAIK, he has some decent knowledge about modding and how the physic engine of rF2 works (more than me btw.). I think it's a good idea to read carefully and really think about what he wrote to you.
    Also Remco Majoor is a very fast driver, if he says this technique doesn't give better laptimes. Well thats quite an argument.
    If I watch some races of rF2 top drivers, Formula E or GT-Cars, I couldnt remember someone using this technique.

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Do note though, I am not the top end of the fastest drivers. Thus there might be some people faster who for example could be using that technique.

TJones likes this.