Car suddenly seems down on power

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Nagy, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

You could try connecting the pedals to the the computer separately with it's own USB cable this may help.
    DO NOT HAVE THEM CONNECTED TO THE WHEEL BASE AS WELL AS THE USB CABLE. THIS WILL CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR WHEEL BASE OR PEDALS.
    I have always run my csl elite pedals via it's own USB cable with out any problems. I think they also run run at a higher resolution via the USB cable but I may be wrong on this.

Lazza likes this.
  2. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

Yes, that might be worth a try. I've been using the RJ12 cable connected to the wheel base because this was the recommended method, but I could try the USB cable to the computer to see if it makes any difference. Thanks.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you do use the USB cable, as Highlandwalker stated, unplug the RJ12 cable first. Next, you will notice the wheel is now separate from the pedals. Windows will see the pedals as a completely separate joystick. You will have the option to update the firmware and drivers of the pedals since prior to using the USB cable, the drivers and firmware were all handled by the wheel base.

Test the pedals in windows before loading rF2 again.

Next in the game, you will have to re-assign the throttle, brake and clutch and then calibrate them as before.

4. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

One thing I neglected to mention is that if I pull back on the brake pedal, I can make the brake force calibration bar, both in the Fanatec Properties window, and in RF2, go to zero. I have to apply a bit of force to keep it there, but it does stay there. This seems to suggest the problem is more of a zeroing issue with the pedal, as opposed to something that might be impacted by changing the cables, doesn't it? I haven't heard back from Fanatec yet.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

at about the 45 minute mark of this video, he explains how to calibrate the pedals. I think his was set up with the USB so it was a separate procedure from the wheel. If you leave the phone line connection in, the same method will apply but at the wheelbase control panel.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For future reference, if you're driving down a straight and seem to be lacking power, you could switch to the HUD page that shows your brake temps... if they're climbing and you're not braking, there's a brake issue. And yeah, that only just occurred to me to suggest...

davehenrie and David O'Reilly like this.
  7. JamesB

JamesB Registered

You could run simhub and use an overlay to show your pedal inputs during the game, sorry if this has already been suggested.

8. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

@davehenrie: I'd done the calibration method shown in the video several times, but it didn't seem to be helping, but I tried it one more time, pressing the Set Min button when the brake pedal indicator was at about 40% of max, and that seems to have taken care of it. So while these seems to be something wrong, resetting the min brake pressure periodically appears to be a successful workaround. Hopefully Fanatec will be able to point me to a fix that doesn't require constantly recalibrating the brake pressure. But I can live with it for now.

davehenrie likes this.
  9. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

I’ve had some issues with my Fanatec pedals (only the clubsport ones) both pedals didn’t work in game or in the Fanatec properties in the end a turn off and on seemed to correct the issue. I always check in the properties before launching rf2 that they are working ( it’s a lot quicker than getting ready to practice and finding out)

stu

Narrowbackwing likes this.