SOLVED View settings are resetting

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jura, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Jura

Jura Registered

As you read in the title my view settings are resetting every time I join session (once it even happened while I was driving), this include FOV and seat.
    I saved FOV in config file and even made it read-only but still game loads default one and I don't know what to do any more...

2. stonec

stonec Registered

I think rF2 has some weird logic that makes it remember FOV per-car. Try to set the FOV in settings before joining a session and see what happens, maybe then it will stay on globally for all cars?

3. Jura

Jura Registered

In main menu settings are those I saved in config file. But when I join SP or MP settings are default one. Yeah this settings are per-car but even after I make changes after joining session they are not saved so every time I come back they are default.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jura can you show a screenshot of your edited view, and then the view when it 'switches to default' ? Just so we know what it's actually doing.

For it to happen when driving is very strange indeed, I'd actually think that's not possible - so I wonder if it's something else at play...

5. Jura

Jura Registered

Not sure what you exactly want me to screenshot, but here are some
    upload_2021-3-13_0-41-34.png
    Hmm this time after I opened the game settings weren't as in config file
    Here is after joining server
    upload_2021-3-13_0-43-14.png
    I also attached my config file

Resetting view settings while driving happened only once, I was practicing on Road Atlanta in Oreca and suddenly puf FOV went from 33 to 45.

EDIT: just noticed that confg file doesnt have values I saved and it no longer read-only

Attached Files:

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jura I was thinking you meant that you were setting options, jumping in the car and it was fine, then you were starting another game or joining MP and it had changed, so I meant screenshots from in the car. That probably doesn't make sense now.

Those settings you're showing haven't changed at all, between the main menu options and the in-game ones, except that the in-game only shows what you can adjust when in the game itself.

7. Jura

Jura Registered

That's correct
    Yeah I can change it after joining session and its okay as long I'm in that session, so after I close the game and join back to the same server settings are back to default values

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, I think the first thing to do here is change a single setting in the game, like FOV, and when you exit the game see if that change is reflected in the player.JSON value. If not, you need to work out what's going on there. You shouldn't be setting that file as read only yourself, though I realise you may have just been trying that in order to troubleshoot.

There might be something strange going on with windows creating alternative files in your documents or something like that, but only guessing.

9. Jura

Jura Registered

I did following.
    Put FOV to 33 im main menu > closed game > check config file - all good > joined server > FOV at 45 > checked confing file - FOV at 45 > put FOV to 33 in main menu > joined server > put FOV to 33 > closed game > check config file - all good > joined server - FOV back to 45

Also every time I exit a server my game completely closes...

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, hopefully someone has had similar before, because if they worked out the answer that'll be the quicker option :p

On the last one: I think you might need to try at least moving all your JSON files out, and starting with fresh ones. Multiplayer.JSON used to have an option called "Auto Exit" that sounds like it's set to True for you, if you set it to false the game won't quit when you leave servers.

But in my Multiplayer.JSON, which is quite fresh, that option is gone. So your files might be a bit older, and could cause issues of their own.

11. Jura

Jura Registered

You gave me idea and that is to delete all_vehicles.ini (which had more than 2MB btw:confused:) file and it worked immediately.
    I deleted the file, opened the game set the FOV and when I joined the server and it was good. Tried to restart the game and FOV stayed the one I set.
    Also because I race in one league that uses verison with old UI I'm switching between the latest and that version every two weeks.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Lazza likes this.