Logging Out-of-Realtime Physics Freezes [public-test]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Hermann Stocchi

Hermann Stocchi Registered

2. ennimann

ennimann Registered

Hi,
    we had a lot of freezes yesterday.
    Everytime, if a driver leaved the Server. Unfortunately, that is the rule.
    It doesn't always happen, but mostly and then it always hits different drivers, mostly never the same drivers.
    Here're my files.

Thanks for more informations and help.

EDIT
    Here is a video: https://saxonyvirtualracers.de/downloads/ps_barcelona.mp4

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      3.2 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Yesterday I had a freezing problem during the championship race where the game had to be finished. Then I went back to the game and continued the race 2 laps ago. The freeze occurred after about 28 minutes of racing.
    I've had this problem before, in the last 4/5 months. I use VR since 2017, always participating in championships weekly and before those last months, I never had these problems.
    In December I switched my PC to an I9-10900K and even on the new PC the problem keeps happening.
    I use an Oculus Rift CV1. Yesterday's race was all with official content. GT3 in Spa.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  4. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member

Just a question, for those who have freezes, do you use livetiming or have the shared memory plugin enabled?

5. Spyro

Spyro Registered

I sometimes got freezes during my races and I got the shared memory plugin enabled.
    My only clue so far is that I got more freezes during dusk time (Usually 5 - 6 secondes).

6. Jeferson Richart

I do not have.

7. Spyro

Spyro Registered

I just had wonderfull freeze, only a few minutes after I started.

Solo mode, track Monza Racerfactor with the official GT3 content. Important thing, it was dawn and raining hard so a lot of work on the graphical side.

A quick analysis on my side show at the frame index 173105, time 429 (equal 7m 9s, the moment of my freeze) reveal that something "happened". But I can't tell what!

I had advanced logging enabled, as I was aware of this problem :)
    upload_2021-3-19_18-2-27.png

@Christopher Elliott Hope it will help you narrow this hard bug. I would love to know if you manage to find something !

Attached Files:

8. redapg

redapg Registered

@Marcel Offermans When do we finally get the Option to completely deactivate this Logging, as you have written in THIS Post 2 Years ago?

Hazi likes this.
  9. i T o X

i T o X Registered

I have had the same problem as in Sebring, today in Matsusaka (sorry i haven´t trace file for Sebring).
    After qualifying for the race, and while I am in the room waiting for the session change,
    he kicks me out of the game and I can no longer rejoin.
    Intel i7-6700K 4.00Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    RAM 32Gb
    HDD Crucial 2Tb

Windows 10 Home x64 (compilation 19041)
    DirectX 12

Plugins used in rFactor 2:
    simhub
    relativeoverlay

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  10. Johnnathan Maia

Johnnathan Maia Registered

Hi guys!

I'm not sure if it fits here, srry if it doesn't... but I've been having a weird behavior playing online with rf2...
    When I enter the game, everything is working just about fine, but then as the time progress and I'm running on practice session... everytime I press esc to go back and then press "drive" again, my game gets slower and slower to load my car in the pit... this freezing situation increases with the time, if I leave the server, close the game, and go back.. it starts all over... normal and then starts freezing..

Is this suitable on this topic?
    thx

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you using any add-on plugins? I've had reports of my DAMPlugin possibly doing this, for example.

12. Johnnathan Maia

Johnnathan Maia Registered

The only thing I use is the SHQM Hud, nothing else.

13. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

It's the replay function that does that. Disable it to try

14. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

here's two log tested in Road America 2019, with GTE cars, we force the upgrade to Le Mans package to avoid the disallow using Le Mans package in other tracks(nah, another bug which the force upgrade can ignore the track set), while someone leave the server most of others freezed.
    I was survived for the most time with ASTON, but while others change to aston to test, I got freeze too.
    cases: Me: aston (only one), who exit the server: C7, I'm OK and others freeze, only one LMP2 is ok.
    still in aston, all change to aston and someone leave, all freeze (in this two logs)
    all in LMP2: Only one freeze, others are ok.

Attached Files:

svictor likes this.
  15. Jeferson Richart

I'm facing a problem for the past few months. I participate in 3 championships:
    1 - Ferrari GT3 - Official DLC and all drivers use Ferrari.
    2 - GT3 - DLC of all GT3 cars, including Ferrari. I participate using the Audi R8.
    3 - GTE - Official DLC with all GTE cars.

Only in the Ferrari championship, in the 4 races I participated, my game freeze the image during the race. The sound keeps playing and my car for the other drivers kept going.
    I've participated in 12 races so far, each 1 hour long, 4 in each category. And only in the 4 races of Ferrari, the problem occurred.

I use the Oculus Rift and at first I thought it might be a problem with it. So one of the Ferrari races I borrowed my brother's Rift, and the problem also occurred.
    In another race I put all graphics in low and the problem also occurred. I try using HDM + Mirror and only HDM and in both cases the problem happened.

I have a Intel I9 10900K with 16GB of memory and an Nvidia GTX 1080.

After all the tests, I believe there is a conflict between Ferrari and some of my hardware, as no one else who runs the championship has had the problem.

Below I'm attaching the log of yesterday's race, but it's not the full log, it's the simple log that rF2 generates. I don't know if it's enough. If not, in the next step I will activate the full log for a better analysis.
    In yesterday's race I had to close the game twice and went back to the race so I don't know which log would be the right one to analyze. So I've attached as many as possible.
    But if you already have a solution to this problem, I would be very grateful, because I've tried everything.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  16. yashiman

yashiman Registered

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I made 2 vids in very same situation, one showing the purple bar going high and one staying ok.
    the only difference: I enabled and disabled the "RealTimeLogging" setting.
    The scary: with realtimelogging OFF (0), the purple bar goes sometimes crazy, is overall higher, and varies generally much more. With ON, it stays solid low. This happens for current and rc candidate. As I need to disable realtimelogging to get the issue, I can not provide a detailled log unfortunatley
    realtime log off, crazy purple bar, stutters, physic delays: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7wow3zzsjtxicg/AdvLog_OFF.mkv?dl=0
    realtime log on, stable purple bar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r526a5dn6nhpc1b/AdvLog_ON.mkv?dl=0

A further observation: It makes in borderless mode what I use a difference whether my focus is on rf2 or not. In the ON video, I clicked before the esses into the rf2 window, before you can see some bigger stutters. Without focus, the game definitly does not run smooth even with 100fps. As I use G-Sync, i have rf2 sync disabled. Somehow the focus seems to influence rf2, even if "InActive Sleep Time":-1, "Active Sleep Time":-1, Pause if focus lost is false of course.

EDIT ISSUE FOUND: A windows update probably changed my powerplan. I was on energy saving. This reduces core frequency even with rf2 running. Same can happen with balanced power btw.
    With high performance purple stays low also without realtime logging.
    Its amazing that low load (no AI etc) can cause this effect. High load would not have reduced core frequency probably

BR
    Stefan

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  18. Jeferson Richart

It happened again. Now I had full logging enabled.
    Please Studio 397, review the log and tell me what the problem is with this Ferrari.

Thanks

Attached Files:

19. Oskart

Oskart Registered

Hi all, I have an issue with new formula pro racing in Spa, all official content. I have frozen screen playing offline when I am close to the start/finish line, I've tested the car in othe track and it works perfectly, other car this track and perfect too, no idea about how to solve. My specs i7 10700 - gtx 1080 - Rift cv1

20. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Its important to know if the car still moves forwards in physics while the screen is frozen. If it does, this is not a physics freeze.
    If you see the car has moved forwards when the screen unfreezes, this means that the physics has continued to run while your screen was frozen and it is thus a different issue.