Formula E (regen 9)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by R.Noctua, Mar 5, 2021.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I would like to solve my problem with regen 9 on formula E. It feels like the braking is causing the rear wheels to drift and it feels like a lack of downforce. Any thoughts on this? In what direction should I change the settings? Or do I just need to change my driving style?

I learned that AI doesn't use lift and coast, so I have to go slower than them or make the AI difficulty less. But driving with a 9 while the AI uses a 6(7? other value) is difficult enough.

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Brake less hard. Gives the most amount of regen, but avoids rear lock ups. This will create a longer braking distance though

R.Noctua and atomed like this.
  3. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Thank you!

The discord told me to use 200KW in race, but even with a regen of 9, then the battery lasts for 20 minutes. I planned to use the session 45 minutes.

Am I doing something wrong?

4. J0E

J0E Registered

In the car tuning menu (where you see the car in the hangar or whatever), there are options for fuel use based on race time. For example, if you run 20 minute races, the fuel use is 1.5x (or something like that, I can't remember the exact numbers). Perhaps you have one of the settings selected for less than 45 minutes.

R.Noctua likes this.
  5. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I checked - everything is correct. :(

To be honest, I left it until better times.