Competition System Blog | Week 8

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Andi Kurtsen

Andi Kurtsen Registered

I think that they have taken sandbagging into account by comparing your results to the ratings of the drivers around you. Meaning that a top position amongst slower driver with lower ratings, would result in a lower rating than a midfield position amongst top drivers. Of course there is a crossover though.
    But the opposite scenario would also be annoying. Say that you are a slow qualifier, but quick in race, then you might have a hard time actually qualifying amongst people that in race pace match you. In some instances the dividing into splits might be nice to have, not based on qualifying / hotlaps.

2. dazzer

dazzer Registered

With the announcement of the sale of the studio I have had several questions.

1) Will RF2 continue the course it had previously or will this be dictated by the new owners?

2A) in some pages it is said that they will change to the Unreal engine, could this happen?
    2B) If so, will it still be compatible with mods? I ask this since RF2 is the only sim with mod support that is still under development.

3) how long will RF2 continue to develop?. Will it be something like iracing that seems to have no end or will it be like any other title that reaches a certain version and the updates run out?

3. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

EXCLUSIVE Interview! What does Motorsport Games buying Studio 397 mean for the future of rFactor 2? - YouTube

4. dazzer

dazzer Registered

last question. Any plan to improve the powertrain in physics?, for example the revs are always flat no matter if the car is on a very bumpy road, Iracing and raceroom have this well implemented.

5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks for the questions @dazzer, appreciate you (and many others) are obviously keen to know more about the development direction of the sim, however this Q&A is more directed toward the Competition System, so as such I'm not going to put these questions forward as they are a little too far off topic :) Sorry !

dazzer likes this.
  6. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I understand no problem, I hope that later we will have news about that :D:D

7. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Question:
    Whats the next big step for the system?
    We now have a system where we can do daily races. We have qualifying + rating which works for the most part.
    What's next we users can look forward?
    For Example:
    A more detailed user profile with statistics? Multilclass? public training server?

8. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Please, more free content in the competition system. Maybe free cars in many free tracks would be very nice.

Chevrolet Camaro GT3 2012
    Chevrolet Corvette C6R GT2 (2009)
    Formula ISI 2012
    Formula Renault35 (2014)
    Honda Civic BTCC (2013)
    Howston Dissenter (1974, Fictional)
    Nissan 370Z (2012)
    Nissan GT500 (2013)
    Renault Clio Cup (2010)
    Renault Megane Trophy 2013
    Stock Car 2018
    USF2000 (2016)