Single Player AI Selection with new UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TVRGuy, Feb 2, 2021.

1. TVRGuy

TVRGuy Registered

With the old UI, I was able to kick out and add different vehicle types of the pre-race selected vehicle models when a particular vehicle that was selected would have a much greater number of liveries and would dominate the racing grid upon loading a race event.

It appears that that capability has been lost with the new UI update. Am I correct?

2. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

No, you are not. Functionality is still here in the new UI, in the top left corner of the session screen right of arrow icon is an icon that looks like a men figure with shield. Click on it and you will see option for both adding and booting AI, as well as some session options.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  3. JamesB

JamesB Registered

It would be good if it were possible to add AI of a selected class not just ad "an AI". For example, I have been doing a lot of multi-class racing at Le Mans with GTE, LMP1 and LMP2 cars, if the field looks imbalanced, ie. I will often only get one LMP1 car then I want to add a few of specific classes then work out what I want to remove.

4. Tomislav Leskovic

Not sure I understood you completely, however, you can add as many as you want class AIs. I always manually add AIs and that way I control how many and what cars (if multiple cars in class) I want to race against. In session setting I select 0 AIs and in the filter I pick classes that I want to race against. Then when the session starts manually add AIs as you prefer.

5. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Ok, thanks for the reply, I will look into this and see if I have been missing something. I had been setting a fixed number of AI in the session settings so I just get what I get in terms of numbers of each class. Then if I boot say a gte, and then add another AI, I might get a get, an lmp1 or an lmp2, I could not see any way to be specific.

6. Tomislav Leskovic

Are you on new or old UI?

7. JamesB

JamesB Registered

8. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Sorted, thanks, I missed the functionality of the + next to the add AI, was sure that it did nothing, all good now and its much easier to sort out the field that I want.