rFactor 2 does not open

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Roberb, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Roberb

Roberb Registered

Hi everyone, I can't open the game anymore and I've tried everything. I uninstalled and reinstalled, confirmed the steam game files, also restored the old UI, nothing to do! I therefore discovered a very curious thing. The game does not start when the Fanatec Wheel Base V2.5 is turned on. If I turn off the steering wheel, the game starts! Obviously I can't play and this is very annoying. Needless to say, the steering wheel is perfect because it works great with other sims! The Fanatec is updated to the latest firmware version and I also tried to do the repair and even this didn't help! Some idea?
    Thanks

2. seamount

seamount Registered

I do have the same problem ... if the CSW 2.5 is turned on, rFactor2 does not start (there is a message of a "windows error" ... what to do now ??

3. Roberb

Roberb Registered

Hi Seamount, so I did this and it worked. I deleted the json file located in the Steam / steamapps / common / rFactor2 / userdata / player path. I deleted it and the problem was solved. In practice, the steering wheel (formula V2) blocked the start of the game and the fault was of this file that hindered the start. Try like this!