Set Safety Car Speed - not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lazza, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi,

I'm trying to adjust the maximum safety car speed via a plugin. The input/output section of TrackRulesV01 has:

float mSafetyCarSpeed; // maximum speed at which to drive

I can set this, and checking the value in subsequent calls to AccessTrackRules() shows that the value is sticking, but the safety car speed isn't changing from the .rfm value. I tried extremes in both directions (from 8 to 300 m/s) with no change.

Either I'm missing something or the game doesn't use the value.

Thanks.

*Ah crap... sorry, confused myself with my own logging location. The value isn't sticking for me, which would explain why the SC behaviour isn't changing. I'll see if I can work out whether I'm doing something wrong with setting the value, or the game isn't taking it.

*Second edit: I'm changing the SC speed right next to changing the yellow flag state, and the state works but the SC speed doesn't. It appears the game ignores the plugin-set value, if that could be checked/confirmed, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  2. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Well, I can confirm that nearly 5 years after this post, adjusting SC speed from a plugin is not working yet. I know development people has a lot of work, but this is one of those long-standing bugs that are quite annoying.

1frey and Hazi like this.