Announcement | Motorsport Games Enters Into Agreement to Acquire rFactor 2 and Developer Studio 397

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 3, 2021.

1. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Apart for the game, I hope the best for all S397 Team!!!!!!!! :)

Thaichang, memoNo1, DucMan888 and 2 others like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I remember how the Grand Tour Game with the rFactor 2 physics was awesome.....a big flop.
    Hope better but I know it's just commercial.

3. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

not a big flop, it was made for a spesific type of audience

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

When i hear "I want to make a game that is good for simracing fans and also for novice ones to play with a PS controller" i get instantly worried...

I've seen this movie before at least 3 or 4 times and the result was not good...

Just hope this doesn't consume a lot of time from the S397 guys, now i understand why this is taking forever to be improved...

5. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

To be honest I fear for the future of rf2 :(

6. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

This may be a good thing as long as the modding community are not affected negatively.

dazzer, dylbie, Manfredk2 and 6 others like this.
  7. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Unfortunately with a publicly traded company I think that gap will be closed for a couple of reasons. One is obvious, as a lost revenue stream the board is committed to the shareholders, and two integrity of the game, real or not, I can't see it staying as is. I am cautiously optimistic, as long as MG stays true to their word and keeping the steering wheel of rFactor2 in the hands of S397, with the added resources promised this sim will be everything we all know it can be.
    Congratulations and thanks to @Marcel Offermans and the entire S397 for the advancements made since 2016 as it has truly been evolutionary. Good Luck

memoNo1, Rui Santos, Atsuki and 2 others like this.
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Congratulations. Without the hard work of the past years this would not habe been possible.

9. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I really hope this is positive news for RF2. From my personal point of view, the guys from Studio 397 have done an incredible job if you remember how RF2 was before. But I also think that this step is important so that it can be changed faster and bigger. And if I understand it correctly, Luminis was before what will now become Motorsportgames, right? So the actual constellation doesn't really change. I keep my fingers crossed

memoNo1 and Remco Majoor like this.
  10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Stephen Hood is/was the guy from Codemasters, right? I remember the videos he did for the first new F1 game iirc. Simracing world is small. Lol. Great to see that you guys found each other! Stephen is super passionated from what I remember.

mesfigas likes this.
  11. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Hopefully this will be of benefit to the S397.

But I have another question - will we finally get a normal Nascar game? :D

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This game definitely wasn't a flop and people loved the concept. Only issue was resetting progress after updates

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So now we can get a motorsport progression game starting from karting, moving to single seaters, touring cars or sportscars ending up at Nascar or Lemans. With visuals from KartKraft, physics, ai and a competition system from rf2 plus animations, cut scenes and overall packaging from Motorsport Games?

Lol. Sounds quite epic to me. Sure, real world doesn't work like that but it paints a nice picture that I wanted you guys to droll about. Haha

BTW: That Grand Tour game has nothing to do with anything of this announcement. They just used some rfactor1 physics and Marcel helped them implement them back then. afair.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  14. Fer

Fer Registered

Emosido engaƱados , Rip rfactor2?

kados, dazzer and MiguelVallejo like this.
  15. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Stay healthy and continue this great work wirth rFactor 2 ... I use rFactor 2 now much more with your new wonderful tracks and mods, it's so great racing experiance with too much fun.
    Better wheel and pedals are so great in rFactor 2 with this force feedback, it's unbelievable how good you can control your car here now.

mesfigas and instinkt like this.
  16. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

I shoot my thoughts: Rfactor 2 in the near future will no longer be developed and will die alas, and Rfactor 3 will be born with an annual subscription like "Iracing", because now there are shareholders and they need money, so I SEE VERY BAD, I AM PESSIMIST!

17. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

More panic.

18. Comante

Comante Registered

It is always amazing how much people fear changes.
    Up to yesterday you were angry at Studio 397 for the poor decision making, slow updating, poor quality content, and whatever ah the green of the grass was a major problem until yesterday.
    Today they announce a partnership that could change all this.... and for most of you this is doom.
    But RF2 was not already doomed listening to you? Now I suppose new UI is magically the best in town, and all future updates will "dumb down physics because you know, lamers want to drive, they need to milk cows .. bla bla...).
    Is a bit too soon to take the spade and start digging the hole.

19. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

.............Rfactor 2:R.I.P..............the and!

20. lagg

lagg Registered

Congratulations Studio397.
    I wish the best for you with this agreement.
    I'd like to do some questions related with this.
    Is it planned to use the Ureal engine in rF2?
    If it's the case, do you know how is it going to affect the content (official and modded)?
    Is it planned to continue developing rF2 as an open platform to modders and communities?
    Thanks and good luck.

mesfigas likes this.