What determines the end of a race?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PatB, Mar 3, 2021.

1. PatB

PatB Registered

Hello,
    What determines the end of a race?
    When the time reaches zero during a lap, a yellow card is displayed. Why ? Yet when I pass the point of arrival, the counter still counts down ...
    Do you have to stop when the number of turns is done?
    What causes the checkered flag to appear? But it does not appear ...
    Can you help me ? Thanks everyone.

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

In a timed race, when the timer reaches 0, when you go over the finish that lap, you will get the checkered.

I dont understand what you mean with a yellow card? Could you maybe screenshot it?

3. Donat

Donat Registered

On the inlap (after he crossed the line) he probably gets a yellow flag, that's because marshals are waving all kinds of flags.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

Sometimes you have a yellow flag on the main straight if a car is in the pitlane

5. PatB

PatB Registered

[QUOTE = "Remco Majoor, poste: 1062209, membre: 40546"] Dans une course chronométrée, lorsque le chronomètre atteint 0, lorsque vous franchissez l'arrivée de ce tour, vous obtiendrez le damier.

Je ne comprends pas ce que tu veux dire avec un carton jaune? Pourriez-vous peut-être faire une capture d'écran? [/ QUOTE]
    In the case of this race, I cross the finish line therefore, checkered flag then, a yellow card (I did not stop ?? but I cannot since I continue the engaged lap ...
    Then I enter the pits but on the stop full of gasoline / tires or the fact of entering the pit lane ends the race and formalizes the end of the "practice" session (then I automatically switch to "Qualify" ?)
    Damn, I don't know how to insert an image ... URL = ????
    Many thanks