rFactor 2 Online Tools by Chris “redapg”

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Slow Motion, Oct 11, 2016.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, it lasted a few Minutes longer, to add that Option. :D
    But it's online now.
    Please report all Problems here.

Juergen-BY and Garitt Gibsn like this.
  2. philrob

philrob Registered

Thanks Chris, much appreciated your continued support.

redapg likes this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

Just a short Info.
    I have updated the Tool a little bit, with that you can extract XYZ Coordinates from an AIW File, that are written into a txt File, to load it into 3DSMax (and also the Race Track Builder, thanks for the Info @Garitt Gibsn :)) and create a Spline out of it.
    Now the generated txt Files are all *csv formatted (Rows with Comma separated Values).
    The exact Format is shown on the Screen where the Download Buttons are.
    To use the new Files, i also had to update the 3DSMax Script, that you have to download and overwrite the old one, to be able to use the new generated Files.
    And there is a Visualisation of the Pathes now.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I have added a small Tool, with that you can get the FuelConsumption Value for the Engine.ini.
    It gets calculated by the 3 Values
    - max. RpM
    - max. Km/h
    - Fuel Consumption in L/100Km

that can be set by Dropdowns.
    I wanted to do that since a longer While, because you, in many Cases, only have the Value "L/100Km" of a Car, that can not be used in the Physics Spreadsheet, to calculate the FuelConsumption Value.

5. philrob

philrob Registered

Thanks Chris, just used it for consumption of a Lancia Delta s4. Try it on the Metro 6r4 next.

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

And if Problems appear, please post them here. :)

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Hi, I keep on disocovering how good the tools are. I have no idea how to make turbo, I was very happy to notice that these tools has a function for it. Thats a huge help.

But I think I am running into some problem. I can't get engine file generated. Is it some problem, or it is just some mistake that I do ?

Here is the screen:
    [​IMG]

p.s. those red tabs which reads "deactivated" doesn't change to activated, when I try to switch them

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you for reporting that.
    I will check why the activated/deactivated Selection doesn't work properly.

And that you can't generate the Engine, seems to be caused by the missing Value
    Engine-Braking RPM-Step
    That Value gets calculated automatically, so i suspect that the uploaded Engine.ini is not properly formatted.
    Can you please upload the Engine.ini that you did use here, or elsewhere and send me the Link, that i can check what the Problem is?

EDIT: Not properly working activated/deactivated Selection Dropdowns are fixed

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Juergen-BY, Hazi, Corti and 2 others like this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

Just an Information about a small Update of the Fuel Calculation Tool, where you, besides of L/100Km, also can use Kg/100Km Values as Input now.

Mauro, Juergen-BY, lagg and 1 other person like this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

I have added a new Tool, with that you can generate Nightlight Entries from the Waypoint Positions of an AIW File.
    I did it, because i was working on a Bugfix, where the complete Track did have Nighlights.
    And so i thought about a Possibility, how these Entries can be generated quickly.
    Maybe it can be helpful for you too. :)

Corti, Mauro, lagg and 2 others like this.
  11. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

With the nightlights it is now super easy. What you need is there. I've already tried it INGENIOUS Thank you

redapg and Corti like this.
  12. philrob

philrob Registered

Good idea, i have converted/reworked hundreds of tracks. i have never added the nighlights, maybe now is the time to learn, thanks.

redapg and Corti like this.
  13. redapg

redapg Registered

Unfortunately i can not offer a Script, that also generates the "Floodlight" Meshes. :D

14. redapg

redapg Registered

This Time i have a Concern. :)
    Please report every Problem that you have, with Files that have been generated/converted with my Tools.
    That is the only Possibility that i can fix Problems.
    If no Problems are reported i'm not aware that they exist. ;)
    So please report it here or directly to me by Mail, when Problems appear.
    Thank you and i wish a happy Easter Weekend for all of you.

FuNK! and Goanna like this.
  15. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

At least for me it's somewhat hard to always tell if a problem was caused by the tools or simply wrong values. However, I found that when I converted some files from an RC physic (we talked about that in private before) that some values are altered/changed. Do your tools check the present values for plausibility and change them if there might be an issue? In particular it were values in the HDV file. Unfortunately, I cannot recall exactly which values that were and probably won't be able to repeat the process again. But I could try I you say that this should not happen at all.

Have a nice Eastern as well!

16. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello Sven, yes, the Conversion Tool (the one with the red Button), changes and adds some Entries that are different or new in rFactor 2.
    And also for the Suspension, i did add a Routine, where, if PM Entries are not using the 4 Wishbone Geometry, they get converted into it automatically.
    The Reason is, that the Calculations, to generate the Flex Chassis.ini, are taken from the Michael Borda Physics Spreadsheet, that only supports that Geometry.
    And in Case of the RC Cars, i fear the Limits of the Physics Engine get exceeded, maybe caused by the very small Tires.
    But unfortunately, as we both have seen, it's hard to judge, because of the Lack of useful Error Messages in the Trace File.
    The Error "NetworkDisqualify...." is a bit too less as a Hint to the Problem. :D

And to the whole Conversion Process with my Tools, it also happens sometimes, that the used rF1 Files are not properly formatted or miss Entries that the Tool needs to have, to be able to convert the Files properly.
    Out of that Reason it is important for me, that Problems get reported, that i can check what the Reason is. ;)

17. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Yes and most probably this error is just related to something that happens in the UI backend. I'd actually say this message just tells the UI what ee already experienced: The player's car crashed or had an error that caused a DQ.
    Anyway, I have rebuild the rear suspension of the RC now, because there were many things indicating that the issue was related to a very strange geometry of it. And now the car is just working well with UltraChassis - in DevMode. Packed and installed in the game does crash as soon as I rev up the engine. Of course nothing is displayed in the trace :rolleyes: Guess there must be something left from the original source game that isn't working in the non-dev game environment. Or I still need to fully implement the last bits from the Ultrachassis. But am getting closer :D

18. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Noticed that in the engine conversion script "nan" is printed as a variable when no values or wrong values were included in the original file. Could this be a spelling error and it's meant to be "none" instead? :D

One request on the script: Could you also include an option for electric engines? I could provide my engine files (as soon as they work as intended) so that you could include some basic values.

19. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello again Sven.
    "nan" (not a number) shows up since i switched from php 5.x to 7.x on the Server and indicates, that a Value, that is expected to be a Number, is none.
    Due to a Report of another User, i already have fixed a Problem in the Engine Generator, that resulted in that Error.
    If you also get a Problem with it somewhere, please also report it. ;)
    To the E-Engine.
    I have made working E-Engines already, because we needed it for the Palatov D2 a longer Time ago and got some Info about it from Michael Borda back then.
    To add it to the Scripts, i will wait until S397 provides more official Information about it.
    Currently it makes no Sense to try to "automate" the Generation of an E-Engine in a Script.

Gilles Benoit likes this.
  20. redapg

redapg Registered