Latest Roadmap Update - February 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Kahel, TJones, pkelly and 15 others like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Thank you, I'm hyped about the new track, not about the Formula E content which is for me liveless, but for the new fast track incoming.
    About the new PBR update for the track, I find that the green for the trees is very nice, but the tarmac is now "generic", without detail, liveless, souless.

I will really appreciate some improvement about the artwork for the curbs and tarmac details, to make them dirty, and not "generic" and "artifially clean", I really hate the new "generic" grey tarmac for Portland, which is almost the same color for many other tracks.
    The PBR updates for the free tracks are not at the same level as for the paid tracks, that's why I use only paid content, I like the quality, even if I prefer the old 'Nordschleife' textures about the tarmac and trees, they had more quality, they were not generic like actually.

ACC artwork is the reference :

Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Circuit-Zolder-Previews-3.jpg

I hate the new PBR "generic" grey, souless :
    49596830778_ed96f96948_o.png

About the Formula E content, I will swap it without hesitation with the GT4 class or TCR with Oulton, Brands Hatch and Bathurst laserscanned. Far more sexy than the liveless electric cars with the awfull track layouts version.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  3. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

Great road map. Thanks

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

This is very welcome Paul, Thank you.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Wheel/Pedal inputs! Weight Loads in the Garage! Countdown timer to next session. Consistent labeling of ABS/TC values. Concrete IMPROVEMENTS!

Rui Santos and AlexHeuskat like this.
  6. Kalavera

Kalavera Registered

I have couple of easy to be implement request could give fresh look to the sim.
    - Shader packs. In fact, I believe there were going to be selectable shader packs. What happened to them? If you add couple of options like natural, cinematic, warm, sharpening etc.. It could bring fresh air to us in graphic side of the sim. Especially in VR, picture is lack of sharpness and contrast.
    - Grass on track sides. Some grass will bring life and dimension to the tracks. Textures painted grass on it does not work at all.
    - Many cars, even paid ones still have un-functional dash and non-pbr textures. They feel like they are in beta. Diversity in content quality really hurt the sim.
    - And, as Alex said, texture work needs attention. New tracks mostly fine but all the others are unnatural and dull. Real-Road layer starts to look unnatural around high usage.

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I add I really need a new HUD in game, it's so poor for the moment, and I need the replace function, I need to place it where I want.

8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Formula E new track - this is great news. Thanks!
    Im wait it. We have everything else in other games. ;)

Really glad you're not dropping this series.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

That black line box in VR is truly annoying
    Thank goodness it’s going , surprised it got through into the consumer version of Rfactor2

keep up the good work , thanks

10. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

“...with extra attention having been spent in recent weeks verifying and analysing a wide variety of different aspects of the software that can be fixed in the short, medium and long term development of rFactor 2”
    THANK YOU

It’s about time to do something like that.
    I know in short therm it may seem less profitable than releasing new DLC, but for me the game quality, (like amount of bugs and annoyances) has been rf2 weak point for quite some time. I’ve been repeating that something should be done with long standing list of reported issues. I understand that with such amount of legacy code it’s hard to fix some bugs, so perhaps they must have to be postponed, but some should get higher priority than for instance updating a track with new PBR shaders IMHO. But I’m aware content creators can’t be moved to UI or physics bug fixing so it’s not always that simple.

11. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Allways nice to read the Roadmaps!
    Now you guys left me wondering about the "fast, ondulating track"... Road Atlanta maybe?
    Keep up the good work

atomed likes this.
  12. atomed

atomed Member

Or Bilsterberg :rolleyes:

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Mike Cantwell and Obbzy_XR_ like this.
  14. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

atomed likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

DucMan888 likes this.
  16. boxer

boxer Registered

Agree.. Buthurst is already in game, although not impossible but very unlikely, same goes for suzuka. COTA, Laguna Seca? I would love a few IMSA tracks including a certain Canadian one :). Tracks that are used both by IndyCAR and IMSA would make sense.

17. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

If you continue to change the physics of the GT3 or the GTE cars so frequently, there is no chance a league can program a 6 month schedule of races before the drivers have to change setups and all kind of stuff. This means usually to spend more time testing and not everybody has the time free to do this.

18. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

A decent scanned Bathurst would be awesome. The one in game is a 3rd party and I am sorry, having lived close to it for 20+ years...way off and lots of errors.

19. boxer

boxer Registered

I agree but I just cant see Bathurst happening... personally I think both Bathurst, Suzuka and Interlagos deserve to be LS in rF2. But you have to consider these are currently free right now and they would most certainly be paid if they get re-released. On top of that would bet existing tracks would have to be removed from steam. I just can't see that happening, at least not without major backlash.

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  20. Carlos Santos

Carlos Santos Registered

Look at your own backyard before crossing an entire ocean, my guess anyway :p