Missing DLC Tutorial

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davehenrie, Mar 4, 2019.

1. B. Warren

B. Warren Registered

So this tutorial usually works, but for those like me who did everything in this tutorial and still had issues. I suggest going to your rfactor 2/launcher folder and deleting the Microsoft Access Procedure Shortcut files associated with the track/car/mod that isn't installing. For example, I couldn't install the v 1.03 of Imola 2018. I unsusbcribed, left steam, came back and still had issues. I deleted my locations folder. Still had issues. The only thing that fixed it was deleting the Microsoft Access Procedure Shortcut file that had "Imola 2018" in it. Once i did that it fixed the issue. It must have been stuck on some sort of instruction or command because of that.

2. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi all , help required please , have been playing RF2 for 2 to 3 months now with no problems
    today I purchased the BMW M2 CS , when loading the track and car I get a error message 5 times before I can run the sim , which seems to work fine .

Error says , g motor 2 error , error loading mesh file unknown-token -plights to memory.
    in the workshop I cant find the BMW M2 although in steam it shows that I'm subscribed to it.

have tried various things like unsubscribing and subscribing , it shows the car being installed.
    I have also verified the game files , your help please

3. lagg

lagg Registered

4. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi Lagg , I posted twice as this thread is for DLC problems , so has anyone have any ideas on how to fix this DLC issue , It looks like the dlc car files aren't loading correctly in-game making some of the cars appear as yellow box like cars , also I cant see the BMW M2 in the workshop only in the steam inventory

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You will only see content you have purchased in your Inventory, with the yellow cars, are you on the latest version? I’ve tested the BMW M2 with the latest version and release candidate, they are showing as they should. The only time I’ve seen the yellow box is online while on track and someone joins. Once back in the pits, the correct skin loads.

6. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi Goanna, thank you for your reply, what is the latest version and how do I check this

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

In your steam library right click on rFactor 2, select properties, then Betas and in the dropdown select None....that will always give you the latest version (currently v1124)....the release candidate version is the latest plus the latest changes Studio have done for testing

8. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi Goanna , so I have gone into Betas and it is already selected as none , if I click on none there are various betas showing , the latest for me is v1122 , what do I do now

9. Pyney

Pyney Registered

my build id 6133456 if this helps

10. Goanna

Goanna Registered

That's the latest, what track are you seeing the "cheeseblock" cars?

EDIT: I see in the other thread you have a car version 1.391, what's that?

11. Corti

Corti Registered

Goanna likes this.
  12. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Pyney I’d unsubscribe to the mod @Corti linked in his post and see if that fixes your yellow car problem.

13. Pyney

Pyney Registered

well guys the problem is now fixed a big thank you to you all , I did the link that Corti sent a couple of times , and its now working ok
    so Corti , Goanna and Lagg thank you

lagg likes this.
  14. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Sorry guys I still need some help , So I thought the problem had gone away , What I have found out is there are 2 classes of cars in the BMW M2 , CS and CUP , when I load the cup cars for a race they load with no problems , its the CS cars that are giving the Errors.
    Any ideas on things to try and fix , thank you in advance

15. Timothy Goya

Timothy Goya Registered

I think what you're experiencing is a different problem than the Missing DLC problem. I replied to your other thread as it seems to be a new bug.

16. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Thank you Timothy , I hate bugs !

17. oikworld

oikworld Registered

Purchased DLC shows up as "Hidden" when I try to visit the workshop to subscribe to it

18. yelloshirt69

yelloshirt69 Registered

19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie hi mate, can you please add a section and screenshot to the first post for DLC? Now you need to get to it through Steam -> rF2 -> Properties -> Workshop.

Cheers!