[WIP] Apex Modding - 1970 Sportscar Championship

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

2. yoss

yoss Registered

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I chuckled a-bit at the following, It was describing the organization of the pre-race ceremonies.

It is an unfortunate fact about American motor racing— especially in the Southern States— that they cannot simply get on with the job in hand. Instead the race was proceeded by prayers and then in rather phoney Indianapolis fashion the invitation, ‘Gentleman, start your engines’ was extended.

Late 60's USA. C'mon boys, let's gitter done.

jimagn likes this.
  4. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Praying for votes and praying for money. Unfortunately it seems to work here sometimes.

5. yoss

yoss Registered

rain stuff in work GRAB_318.JPG

TPGRacing75, tjc, davehenrie and 13 others like this.
  6. Corti

Corti Registered

7. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Journalist and former team manager at Williams and Ferrari, Peter Windsor, has some nice footage on YT.
    D Hobbs/P Hawkins win....

billyblaze and Corti like this.
  8. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Have been driving the 917K at Le Mans and its absolutely brilliant, can I ask a question though, I like to set up 2-3 hour endurance type sessions and I notice that the 917 does not have a windscreen wiper, this is likely to be a problem for me as I drive with real world weather, is it likely that this will be implemented?

9. yoss

yoss Registered

917k receive soon a massive update with rain stuff and some others thing .

billyblaze, makan, jimagn and 5 others like this.
  10. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Top man, I know the rain does not "hit" the windscreen as it is now but I just like the immersion of having to put the wiper on when it starts raining. Thank you for your work its brilliant.

11. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Sorry Yoss, I did not look at the pictures carefully enough did I!

12. Corti

Corti Registered

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    billyblaze and jimagn like this.
  13. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Not sure if you have already thought of / done this but I would really like illuminated instrument gauges when you switch the lights on, I try to use the car instruments where possible rather than using overlays especially on the period cars. Will shut up now.......... Just done 30 laps of 66 Le Mans from dusk into the night with 30 other cars, FANTASTIC.

14. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

If it was realistic, we would have considered. We introduced this with our GT3 mod but the game itself is too limited.

15. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Just finished another 30 laps of Le Mans 66 and again had a fantastic race with these, just one comment. i have not checked the pace of the two cars against each other in RL but after quali in my race the grid was almost split down the middle with Ferrari's at the front and the 917's at the back, and largely finished that way as well except that I won in a 917, so i need to up the AI. I know you are working on the 917 at the moment and will be testing this but unless the Ferrari really was dominant and I don't believe that to be the case then some adjustment is required. I am sure you have this covered but just thought I would post it as I had just finished the race.

These cars are both fantastic to drive, look at and hear, awesome work.

billyblaze, yoss, atomed and 2 others like this.
  16. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Thank you, James. The Porsche is some ways behind the Ferrari in development now, and the Ferrari is possibly just a little too good versus how it should be. The next 917K update won't solve the world's problems but we will be inching to close the gap between both and to have, by v1.00, a release where the cars do correspond to real life with a superior Porsche but also likely providing a B.O.P. option in the tuning menu so leagues or people who are put off by adding weight as a penalty, can just run them.

JamesB, billyblaze, makan and 6 others like this.
  17. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Have you guys had a chance to look into the slightly odd FFB effects / handling of the 512 with DD wheels I reported back in January? Unlike the 917, the 512 seems to follow cambers and bumps like an overzealous fanatic and has some curious force transitions in some corners.

I have an SC2 Pro and like many DDs, it can act as a microscope for forces and FFB effects that non-DD wheels muffle (That also reminds me that the three steering force options in the 917 tuning menu are just a tad dated for the DD era....)

18. yoss

yoss Registered

The guy named franconen who made a lot of video with our mod don't seem to suffer ffb problem with his dd driving station .
    We need to ask him what is his feeling on what you report .
    TY for the feedback

Jon Uyan likes this.
  19. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Certainly not seeing that with a non dd wheel, so I guess it's specific to those.

20. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Doing some testing with the 67 endurance cars tonight so just thought I would put up the results of some other tests I have done on these today, I can lap about 2 seconds faster round Le Mans fairly constantly with the Ferrari. It seems a harder car to drive fast consistently than the 917 for me at least. This is also roughly the disparity in the AI. Not saying that this is wrong and I for one do not like BOP's that make the cars perform the same. Le Mans is an unusual track in that it's about fast straights and rapid braking followed by 90 degree bends, the only sweeping stuff being the Porsche curves, so make of that info what you want, just thought it might be helpful. If you want anything specific tested, always willing to help.