Lights of during pit stop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Felix Schendel, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

We had the situation during a race that a driver had to stop because he had to repair his car. Lights were required at this time. The driver entered the pits and switched off the ignition for the repair time and got DQed because of missing Lights.

The reason why he got DQed is clear for me. Lights are required and he had no lights on because the ignition also killed the lights. But in this case I think it's wrong.

DJCruicky and Hazi like this.
  2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

McFlex, you may be confusing the two commands. The starter is only used once the cars ignition has been activated. I wish they would change the name of the first command from Ignition to Power. In the states, the word ignition is synonymous with starter. Even without the plug-in, the moment the driver pressed the ignition button(power) he shuts down all the car's electrics and would incur the penalty. Any driver should be able to stop in the pits and leave the engine running while the pit work is being completed.
    I agree with the original post that disabling the lights off penalty when in the pitbox would be beneficial. But the ideal solution rests in the hands of driver, leave the car running and keep the lights on.
    rF1 had the flexibility of forcing refueling and tire changing with the engine off, but I don't think rF2 has ever used those pitstop rules.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You just need to stall the car when in the pits, then use the Starter near the end of the stop. Don't touch ignition (power).

Obviously if you have auto clutch on, you need to toggle that off when you're sitting there in gear in order to stall.

*Oh, but I think getting DQ'd from no lights in the pits is bogus. Shouldn't happen. Add it to the list!

5. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

It is set in the track GDB I think to penalise for having lights on or off, but usually that file is packed inside the rfcmp file.

6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

No i am not mixing the two commands and by the way i never mentioned the starter. Switching of the ignition doesn't switch of the lights at all in rF2. The statement of OP is simply wrong. I was in the same race and saw that the driver who got DQ'ed used the mentioned plugin. And so the assumption is that the plugin was the reason the lights where switched of.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

got it. You are correct. I had NOT used lights without turning on the power first in so long that I had forgotten that the lights would operate even when the electrics were shut off. Perhaps that would be the cure, no power, no lights. On the other hand, there is a setting for the headlight app that turns on the lights if just one other car has it's lights on. Would that prevent the penalty?

8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I think my headlight app turns the lights off when the car stops in the pits (after they’ve been flashing when entering the pits). I’ll have a look at the code and release an update if so. Sorry it meant you were DQ'd.

McFlex likes this.