AI skin choice

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by 3377, Feb 9, 2021.

1. 3377

3377 Registered

Does selecting/assigning a skin for an AI driver for a particular track is possible ? Or does AI stick to the default skin?

In rf1 we could assing a skin to a track. In rf2 we can choose skins variants, how can we apply this choice to other AI cars? Like non tabbaco for german/english/french f1 gp in the 90's?

Thanks

Hazi likes this.
  2. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If you are making the mod yourself it is possible - if you are doing an addon skin then I'm not so sure it possible. We refrained from doing it as you have to duplicate every skin assigned to a car in a similar way to rF1. There are downsides to this though with the new material files and json files. So like in rF1 you have the names assigned to a track but you have to duplicate parts and rename even if they are exactly the same at each track.

3377 likes this.
  3. 3377

3377 Registered

Thanks for the answer. I am trying to do it in developer mode.
    I tried to do the "rf1 way" with tracklivery="event_name,skin" but it never worked. The default skin is always used.

How do you manage to make it work in rf2 developper mode ? It's not like in rf1 were these special skins are in fact working as the custom skins in rf2?
    F1 mods like f1 1991 by f1asr would greatly benefit form it

Thanks

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Let me check as I know when we were experimenting on a way we did come up with some alternatives for addons rather than the rF1 way as we didn't want to add a lot of skins. I'll try and document outside of this and run through for you over the weekend and I will recheck the old rF1 way as I thought that worked last time we tried.