AI aggression online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petethepawn, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Hey all

Where is the parameter that controls AI aggression online using dedicated server. There is no setting in the dedicated server only damage and ai speed. I checked the multiplayer file there isn’t a setting there but I found in the player file. So my query is does the ai aggression carry through from the single player file from the host pc to control ai aggression?

2. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Normally the mod in question has aggression included as part of the .rcd (talent file). Try toning down he ai aggression and see how you get on.

Petethepawn likes this.
  3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I’m pretty sure you can set the AI aggression in the player.json file. I run the dedicated server on my gaming PC so when I adjust aggression in the UI (which changes my json file) it appears to affect AI behaviour in multiplayer

Petethepawn likes this.
  4. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

You can find AI aggression under "Game Options" in your player.json on your dedicated server. The most important setting I've found running AI in multiplayer is the "AI Corner_Grip Usage". I was trying so many things to get the AI to stop crashing in multiplayer and that is the main one. I've settled on 0.89. Worst case seemed to be Eau Rouge on the DLC Spa. With the stock 0.97 value, the AI will crash at the top of Eau Rouge almost every time. If you think of each AI as its own control system, basically they were cornering too fast, losing grip or hitting a curb too hard and essentially going "open loop" and crashing.

Petethepawn likes this.
  5. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks everybody for your responses. Are you driving tin tops or sedans?

6. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

That was with the GT3 DLCs.