[REL] rF2 Replay Office (set of tools)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Nothing has changed in the replay format. But mod and cars have changed, perhaps the vmod as well? Not easy to say whats wrong :)
    Did you try and roll back to the version we had back then?

cialtronen likes this.
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

As Jimmy already wrote above...

3. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

@Jimmi Allison @Juergen-BY I just noted a couple of things... and I just "guessed" it was something different in the replay format, but honestly to me it's a black-box... :D
    - the "new" replay files (saved on my pc by myself or the ones saved from GT Pro series S2 here on the forum) can be opened in replay office, but only the laps time and the simplified telemetry, while I can't see the map view
    - the "old" replay files (saved on my pc by myself or the ones saved from GT Pro series S1 here on the forum) can be opened, and also the map view. And this for several couple track/car which now not anymore (also same track/car in GT Pro S1/S2)
    - the "old" replay files can't be openend also in rF2, while the new ones (off course) do it
    - this behaviour is happening also for mod car/track which I did not update just because downloaded 1 time a lot of months ago not from the workshop (so no upate)
    - I cannot tell you the "critical" date because I do not register always replay... my pc is too slow... so I stopped in May
    What do you mean vmod? And about to go back to previous version... I did'nt and I will not try... As I said, to me it's a black-box and this point it's not a drama... Just hoping that I did wrong something easy... :D
    I do not know if anybody experienced the same issue

4. lagg

lagg Registered

I think that this happens from the build 1120 and S397 told that.

cialtronen likes this.
  5. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

@lagg thanks for the feedback :)

lagg likes this.
  6. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

I can't launch any clips as it says.... Untitled.jpg

But that's exactly where the MAS file is, unless I am confused by what a MAS file is.
    Can anyone help? Is there a user guide somewhere?

Thanks in advance

7. lagg

lagg Registered

The mas files of the track are in ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\The_Track\versionNr\

8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I made a video about using Replay Office and one subscriber wanted some help operating the tools.
    I took a few pics to help explain.
    Open the Replay Office application.
    Pic 1: click left hand image-Lap Analyser and Vcr merge. I have never used the other one.
    Pic 2 Click drop down box to browse for the RF2 vcr replay files location.
    Pic 3 shows the usual file path, select the session you want to analyse
    Pic 4 is where you select the laps you want to put in the merge. Each driver can be clicked and the lap you want selected. Click the + sign to add more.
    Pic 5. Once you have selected some laps (here its 2 laps) click the film icon to make the video. I have also highlighted in orange the flag icon, it allows you to choose where the cars are made level. This can help you compare a sector by having them near one another. The faster car will start the lap behind and they will be level at the point you choose. By choosing sector 1 they will be level at the end of that sector.
    Pic 6.Your video merge is done, you are brought back to the file where they all are, you just need to name it, click save.
    It can now be viewed in the game as any other replay would be viewed.
    Picture 1.png Picture 2.png Picture 3.png Picture 4.png Picture 5.png Picture 6.png

9. Tony Calvert

Tony Calvert Registered

Thanks for the instructions. It pretty easy when you know how :)

David O'Reilly likes this.
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Is it possible to use this Tool with vcr`s from ModDev?

11. David O'Reilly

I don't know, sorry.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  12. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

I've finally got this working. Thanks David.

13. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

@davidporeilly,

I know this is an incredibly stupid question, but please bear with me as I have zero background with this stuff. Your step-by-step instructions with annotated screen captures look like just what the doctor ordered, but, and here comes the stupid question, how exactly do you open the Replay Office application? James Sadler's post from September 30, 2020 in this thread has a link to download version 1.5.1, but when I download the app following his link, and then open it, it brings up eight files. I tried opening them all, and none of them opened up anything, let along anything resembling the screens in @davidporeilly's screen captures. So I must, as usual, be doing something wrong. Could you please direct me to how to open the Replay Office app?

Also, I have another question. What, if anything, is the relationship between Lazza's data logging plug-in, and Replay Office? I appear to have, against all odds, given my complete lack of computer skills, successfully loaded Lazza's plug-in, so ideally, I'd like to be able to use Replay Office, in conjunction with the capability introduced by Lazza's data acquisition app, to replay and export my recorded laps, with the recordings of my throttle position, brake pressure, steering angle, etc. displayed. Is this going to be possible once I get Replay Office up and running? Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  14. David O'Reilly

There should be one called "application"

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Make a folder somewhere on your hard drive, then copy the 8 files to it.
    Then you can double click on the rf2replayoffice.exe file to start the program from that folder.

Neil Tyler likes this.
  16. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

Thanks, but no luck. I created a folder on my hard drive as you said, and copied the 8 downloaded files into the folder. The executable file is the fifth one in the list, but the .exe extension disappeared from the file name for some reason when I copied it to the new folder on my hard drive. The one I think is the executable file (based on its order in the list, and its name) has a small gear in the lower left-hand corner of its icon, if that means anything. But when I double click on it to open it, it just brings up a notepad file with three lines of text as follows:

[Config]
    ModMgr=D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32\ModMgr.exe
    AIWExtractPath=C:\Users\James\Desktop\rF2ReplayOffice
    rF2DataPath=D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\

And @davidporeilly, four of the files state that they are of type "Application extension", but they are all .dll files.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Andrew,
    The exe extension disappeared because you don't have file extensions turned on....bit more on that in a minute.
    In your current window (where you saw application extension), should be one that just says application, double click it
    w3.PNG Alternatively you can turn on the file name extensions, open windows explorer and click on view and put a tick in the show extensions checkbox;
    w1.PNG

this will then show the file extensions;
    w2.PNG

David O'Reilly and DJCruicky like this.
  18. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

Thanks! I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that I tried opening all eight of the files, but I appear to somehow neglected to have tried this one. OK, I'll work through @davidporeilly's instructions now.

19. David O'Reilly

The link in the OP seems broken. Does anyone have a working link?

20. Corti

Corti Registered

kashif, jaco and David O'Reilly like this.