Competition System Blog | Week 6

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello Sim Racers!

Delayed by 24 hours but packed full of informative goodness - the latest Competition System blog posting is here for your reading pleasure!

Full read here: https://www.studio-397.com/2021/02/competition-system-blog-week-6/

Don't forget to use this thread as the opportunity to post questions for our post next week.

Happy racing folks

CS_blog_2021_02_10_screen_06.jpg

2. Pasquale Genchi

Pasquale Genchi Registered

Can we expect a tow system when pressing the Esc button instead of just quitting the race?

3. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I'm glad Reiza tracks will participate. Imola is amazing.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Question 1:

You say you wish to add Weather in future Competitions, this is great but also not without it's current set of issues, how do you propose to work around the following:
    1. Will the Comp Server be Set to "Force Weather On" for Graphical Settings? This is because it's all too easy to "turn the weather off" in the Graphics Settings and have a clear view of the road without spray (for example), thus giving a massive advantage to some Drivers over others.
    2. Graphically Wet Weather Racing is a performance hog and that's partly to be expected, but what measures will you put in place on the Comp System to warn players that the Comp they're entering may or may not have Wet Weather? As there are no Graphical Presets in place within the Sim for a "Quick Change" I can foresee people turning up to Race with "dry graphics settings" only to see it Raining without prior notice and be at an immediate disadvantage as they battle much lower FPS.

Question 2:

Raceroom penalises players for "Quitting" mid race by lowering their Reputation and/or Rating (I forget which), this helps prevent mass disconnects early on and only a few drivers actually making it to the end of a Race. What, if any, measures/rating penalties are you putting in place to help prevent "Rage Quitters"?

5. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Hi, I've just made my first race on your comp system (Classics on Longford) and we encountered several heavy rain during the race. At one point, it was 100% rainy with 97% track wet.

My question, is it scripted ? is it random weather? or is it realtime weather?

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It is scripted with chances of rain, but the rain will always be just as heavy. Just look at the default weather in the track selection and you can see the forecast there

7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Great to see Longford in the comp system. Thanks for your support 397. I hope everyone enjoys it (or at least survives it).
    I need all the competitive advantage i can get, so i'll be using all the secret shortcuts i built into it :D :p

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Yes we enjoyed it. There is a moment I am literally screaming "this is awesome" when going side by side

pkelly and woochoo like this.
  9. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thanks to this blog, I could understand S397's prospect.

Q1
    I remember the S397 announced a few years ago that Motec would be available.
    Will it be available in CS in the near future?

Q2
    I think there are many unique races, cars and circuits in East Asia and Oceania right now. (SUPERCARS, Super GT, etc....)
    Do you plan to produce these models near the future?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would guess, merely as a user, no to both questions.
    1: S397 has stated programs like Crew Chief work so well, they won't waste time and resources trying to build something similar in-game. Motec already works with rF2, albeit not built into the program, So I doubt they will license and integrate Motec to work inside the rF2 environment, even though they DID make that announcement once-upon-a-time. (besides, they have soooo many things to work on, time is not your friend)

(btw, I have trouble spelling words like environment or government since my Pacific NW accent doesn't pronounce the letter N when it precedes the letter M. Similarly, our lazy accent refuses to pronounce the G at the end of words or the hard T sound when TT is in the middle of a word, thus a Letter is, to us, a Ledder and that's bedder than not having any accent at all)

2: Most, not all but most, recent car releases have centered upon European or North American car sets. While not limited to those, the location of S397 in Holland or Dutch-land or whatever they call it, places them within easy travel of European teams and manufacturers. If S397 ever released a laser scan version of Mt. Panorama, THEN you might expect to see PanPacific region cars.

11. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

why did youbguys fix the dirty air bug for gt pro but didnt release it to public? gt3 in spa was impossible to drive

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

it was a bandaid. It pretty much made the draft twice as effective as DRS in F1

13. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

1. Is there any possibility to see cars like the FR 3.5 or the Megane Trophy join the system as new competitions soon?

2. Are we going to see races with race-lenght based in laps instead of time in the future?

3. As we currently have the 70s F1 in the System, any possibility to see "new" classic layouts for already existing tracks in the future? (For example, Silverstone or Nordschleife)