Tuning Fanatec CSL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kitcarflo, Feb 12, 2021.

1. kitcarflo

kitcarflo Registered

Hello,

I don't know if it's the good place for this, but i have a question for people who use Fanatec CSL elite Wheel base.

I have this equipement and a Wheel - BMW M2 GT2 Club Sport. And i have CSL Elite Pedals LC.

I have many problem to adjust tuning options. I drive essentially GT3 / GTE / LMP car. If anyone could help me who is the best tuning for each tuning option. You can see all tuning option in the screen.

Tuning.png

Thank's

2. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Try these settings, I have found these settings works with most cars. The only setting I change is the FFB multiplier in game settings, you may have to reduce the FEI setting to may be 80 with your wheel base, these are the settings I use with my CSW-2.5.

In game setting.
    SMOOTHING - 2
    Min FFB - 2.5%
    Vehicle Set - Ticked

Wheel settings.
    SEN - 900 (Had to set to this with the latest version of Fanalab to get the correct wheel rotation. If you are not using Fanalab AUTO will probably still work.)
    FF - 100%
    DRI - -1
    FEI - 90
    FOR - 50%
    SPR - OFF
    DPR - OFF
    BLI - 85%
    SHO - 100%
    BRF - 50

Also a setting change in the Controller json file.
    Set to 1 instead of 0
    "Steering resistance type":1,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",

This setting is not a huge difference but seems that you can feel slides better and when your loosing grip and also easier to save slides. This can be used with the older drivers as well not just the latest drivers. I have found this to be a worth while change.

I have also found that the FFB multiplier in the game settings is very important, if you set it too high the FFB drowns out a lot of fine detail. It's better set it to a low setting to start with and then increase it until you start to loose detail and then come back about .2 to .5. My typical settings range from .6 to .95, this is car dependant, average setting .65 to .8. Start at .75.

P.S. The Fanatec recommended settings are awful. They give you loads FFB but no detail, I find detail too be much more important than loads of FFB.

Hope you may find this useful.

Pocisk and Tchicki like this.
  4. kitcarflo

kitcarflo Registered

Good evening.

Highlandwalker, I tested the values that you transmitted to me and followed your precaunizations. But I no longer have any feeling in the wheel. There is no backlash. Limit by blowing on the steering wheel, I can turn it. It's pretty weird. :eek:o_O

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

The settings I suggested will feel a lot lighter than the settings in your first post. If you want to feel more weight to the steering try increasing FOR to 60 or 70 also try increasing SPR to 20. Try these settings for an hour or so and you will start to feel that you can feel slides and road detail much better than you can with your settings. Hope this may be helpful.

6. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Spr and dpr has no effect, as fanatec says and claim. Why you change it?