Error with Open Composite

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DANPROS, Feb 25, 2020.

1. DANPROS

DANPROS Registered

Hey guys!

I'm facing a problem in Open Composite with Rfactor2
    When the game starts to load the track, the loading bar stucks and show me this error:

"OVR Call failed, aborting. Error code: -6001 Descr: There is no room in the texture swapchain to accept more frames."

The logs show me this

DX11Compositor::CheckCreateSwapChain - Generating new swap chain
    OculusBackend::SubmitFrames - [WARN] Should not submit frames twice in a row without waiting
    OculusBackend::SubmitFrames - [WARN] Should not submit frames twice in a row without waiting
    oovr_abort_raw - Abort!
    OculusBackend::SetSkyboxOverride - OVR Call failed, aborting. Error code: -6001 Descr: There is no room in the texture swapchain to accept more frames.

Already tried both dlls (64 and 32 bits) no success

With SteamVR game works fine.

Any ideas?

2. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

This is my general question, when do we get an version of RF2 without this ugly performace killing SteamVR using Rift. Open Composite was a good way and showed us that it can be done. Dirt Rally 2 did nativ support, AC did it - so where is the problem?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Hazi and DANPROS like this.
  3. DamnItKarl

DamnItKarl Registered

Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm getting the same issue with OVR.

4. Cox

Cox Registered

I'm also getting the same issue. Any solutions?

5. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

Currently there is no known solution. Needs update by developer.
    Unfurtonately the specialized fork is no longer supported and for the main branch, looks like it's not high (if at all) on the priority list to get it fixed :-(

Clemenca and Cox like this.
  6. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

But it is very interesting that opencomposite works on some systems and on other systems it dont work (on my system it works)... in my team it worked on a friends system and suddenly it stopped working, no idea why, no changes were made to the system...

7. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

What a bummer, first time trying out Open Composite and I even got excited after seeing rF2 opening much faster and UI was also surprisingly faster and more responsive. Then I've tried to load a track and bang -6001 error.
    Found a thread from 2 years ago so I guess I shouldn't have high hope https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/issues/97

8. RDG

RDG Registered

Bit of a necro, but I stumbled across this post with the exact same problem and have found a solution, so posting here to help others that may have the same problem.

There are two versions of OpenComposite. One deprecated Oculus version and a newer OpenXR version. I only have this bug in the old deprecated Oculus version using a Rift S.

Old: https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR
    New: https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/tree/openxr

The new one works great on my system and I have yet to get a crash no matter how many races I start.

9. owlab

owlab Registered

10. Marcwan

Marcwan Registered

Old version stopped working after a certain build release. Only jabbah version works now