New UI wishlist

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Mitch9, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Also one of the aspects that need update is the hud. There are exceptional huds out there but, almost all, need simhub to be installed. Would love to see a better looking native solution

Risto Kappet, EricW and Adrian Blasco like this.
  2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The best, in my opinion, would be, if you get displayed a list of all components that have to be downloaded, if you want to join the server.
    And, of course and as @JoaoF has said already, 2 buttons "Download" and "Cancel".
    Like it is now, it's a joke, really.

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  3. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

In the new UI, would like to see the Server Count back on the Internet tab, just because . . . I like it.
    the Mod Manager, the html from UI, would like to run that from the desktop, but fix it first.
    AND, I would like Personal Pages, where I can group & relabel the cars & tracks. Oh yeah, I could definitely dig that!
    tanx

4. Matthias Weber

Matthias Weber Registered

Yeah, "steward work" is almost impossible, you cannot see laps, positions, timecode or driver inputs. Also the overlay is not working in the replay. Any hints when we get a solution?

5. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

I would like to see a preview of the skin when entering a competition and selecting an car, would help my short memory.

6. glyn jones

glyn jones Registered

New UI wishlist.
    #1 old one back please.

Marisa, Juergen-BY, rand777 and 2 others like this.
  7. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

#2 #3 #4 .... #10 old one back please.

Marisa and Juergen-BY like this.
  8. philman

philman Registered

Yes old UI back immediately.

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you for making this thread Mitch9.

I think it would be nice if the track picture was under the track title, and the car picture under the car title.
    I've made a mock up in photoshop.

Before:
    20210206180730_1.jpg

After:
    rfactorMenu after.jpg

Nice if you could click on the picture of the car or track to take you to the car or track screen. At the moment you can only get to the car or track screens by clicking on the car or track title, not the pictures which is not clear the first time you use the UI.

Mitch9, Alex96, RoboCAT10 and 5 others like this.
  10. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Would be nice if the per car ffb multiplier was on the main setup page, rather than having to dig down into the controller calibration screen each time.

EricW, Ernie, Haris1977 and 1 other person like this.
  11. zaphman

zaphman Registered

For car and tracks, include, at least, the originator, who made the content/mod. A nice icon in the lists, loading screen, would be nice.

Would be easier to to grab the content you want to use when your content builds up. And most probably an installed date (even release date maybe).

For workshop content provide a link, or scrape content to show information close to the lists.

12. svictor

svictor Registered

Would be great to have a checkbox that always activates a special series such as "All Tracks & Cars" every time after launching game, so we don't have to waste time manually switch back to "All Tracks & Cars" after having joined some server.

Something like this:
    365960_20210307165648_1.png 365960_20210307165702_1.png 365960_20210307165707_1.png

--------------
    BTW, for anyone interested, I wrote a DOS batch script that One-Click activates "All Tracks & Cars" before launching game:
    https://pastebin.com/USNuirQd

How to use:
    Put All Tracks & Cars.bat under game root folder (...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 ), and run it before starting game.
    (The script searches line "Game Description" inside player.JSON and replaces with "Game Description":"All Tracks & Cars", it also creates player.JSON.bak backup file in UserData\player\ folder.)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Woodee, Alex96, DJCruicky and 3 others like this.
  13. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

The location of the "Back" & "Exit" buttons are annoying me lately....

To go from a driving session back to windows, its: click top left twice, click centre to confirm session exit, click bottom right, click bottom centre.

DJCruicky likes this.
  14. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Or better yet, allow assignment of buttons or encoders for +/- of the per-car ffb like AC / RR / AMS2, etc.

Mitch9 and Dave^ like this.
  15. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I do not know what to call it, wish list or improve what we already have, but I agree with many of the requests that have been made in this post, because some things do not work, when they worked before, and others can be improved, and in some cases I don't think it requires a lot of work.
    With the configuration menu of the car I adhere to the proposal of Risto K., and also to the comments of Dennis J. In the configuration of the car would it be possible to enlarge the font size?
    The main car configuration screen I think could be more informative, intuitive and orderly like this:
    NEW UI_02.jpg

mixer61 and Kahel like this.
  16. Tom Tabone

Tom Tabone Registered

When you have a lot of tracks something to identify official tracks from modded tracks would be helpful.

wotaskd, mixer61 and Dave^ like this.
  17. EricW

EricW Registered

To add a couple of wishes on top of this..
    Please add a checkbox somewhere to copy the FFB and mirror setup to all liveries of the selected car.

tiffarno, Rui Santos and Manfredk2 like this.
  18. CRMS

CRMS Registered

Decent Formula E Steering Wheel Screen with lap delta shown and Trq correctly bound to steering wheel. Understood that Rf2 is the official game for Formula E.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  19. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I suppose someone has already commented on it, but what is this redundancy?
    change01.jpg
    Where are the race conditions that were in the old UI? because I can't find them. Could it be something like this ?:
    change02.jpg

Mitch9, DJCruicky and Rui Santos like this.
  20. JParra

JParra Registered

I think we are all in a similar situation. Waiting to see how the things we already had are gradually being returned. Not asking for new ones, if not simply the ones we already had and above all, they must be.

A few weeks ago I finished an offline race as a training and could not in any way see how long it had taken to complete it. It's something that comes in handy for me to do race tests and see which strategies work best for me, but there was no way and I had to resort to third-party software to load the exports and see the total time.

I was about to come, review the dozens of messages to see if it had been reported and if not, expose it, but there are so many things already.

As I say, it is better to just wait and while put up with what there is.