Race timescale not working (again)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rigodon, Feb 9, 2021.

1. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Hi, I'm trying to setup a server for Daytona 24 event taking 2:30 hours of real time and obviously, we need an accelerated timescale to simulate the 24h cycle. No matter what I set in the parameter "MULTI RaceTimeScale", time acceleration won't happen and race time will have same pace as real life time.

Any clues on why this could happen? After a forum search, I've seen some similar posts in the past, but no solutions in them.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

why don't you use the timescale when you launch the server? it's in the options when you setup server

upload_2021-2-10_12-38-51.png

3. rigodon

rigodon Registered

That's actually what I'm doing and there's no time acceleration. I even tried x60, which means 1 second real time = 1 minute in race time and there's no acceleration :(

4. J0E

J0E Registered

Somewhere, someplace I recollect someone saying you need to have scripted weather for timescale to work. But that may be from a fevered dream.

5. rigodon

rigodon Registered

I fixed it by making a copy of the player.json and multiplayer.json, deleting the files and let the server recreate them from scratch. Then it works. It's an old bug, because now I remember it happened to me some years ago. Looks like if you modify some parameter in these files, race time acceleration stops working, but testing which one can be very long.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021