Competition System Blog | Week 5

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Stock car 2018 comp when

atomed and 13_barbas_13 like this.
  2. vmgn021

vmgn021 Registered

In case you have manual/H pattern cars in future Competition races, how are you going to deal with that? Since there is still no realistic clutch/gearshift system in place and users can operate any car with padddle shifters. So it ends up like last year, Solberg drifting Formula 1 from 1975 using paddle shifters. Kind of ridiculous for sim claiming to be a realistic experience or whatever.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    McFlex and mixer61 like this.
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

Is there a single title in the world that force you what kind of controller you can use?

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

no, but most do 'penalise' you if you don't use the manual clutch. ATM it's discouraged to use an H-Pattern, as it's way slower than just flippy mcflipface paddles.

McFlex likes this.
  5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Length: In my view the 25 minute races are fine for a "casual daily race". By the time 25 minutes are up passes have occurred, the race order is established and adding another half an hour might not do much unless there is another dynamic like pit stops, strategy or weather.

However I think that a more focused (less frequent) longer race would be fun too.
    We also have to consider that the race length doubling would double the server requirements. Maybe that's a Friday night/weekend thing. "Endurance Sunday"

With the cars, tracks and race lengths to consider the amount of options are a bit daunting.
    I did actually enjoy having to drive a new car at an unknown track, sort of a leaderboard reset.

Driving standards need to be addressed but ruined only a small minority of our races. It's in the pipeline anyway.

What am I trying to say?
    There's a host of options but the system works and is fun.
    Many options exist and one way of getting buy in is offering the chance to vote for preferred cars/ classes.
    However it can be fun driving something else than you favourites so we shouldn't get bitter if your favourite isn't there, try something new!
    New mods should feature of course as they will create curiosity.

I'm just pleased it works. I've met and had fun racing new people.

6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Without ovals? I'm sure you'll say they're great on road courses and I agree. But racing stock cars without ovals is kind of like racing Aussie SuperCars without Bathurst. And I'm pretty sure the only official oval is Indianapolis.

If they can use the ovals in the ISI workshop combined with a few road courses, that'd be great.

ISI ovals:
    Eagle Creek
    Northside
    Apple Valley
    Alabama
    Palm Springs
    Joesville
    Brookdale
    Jacksonville
    Mountain Peak

Can the content in the ISI workshop be used in the CS?

Remco Majoor likes this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

definitely agree. I think ovals would attract more participants. This is why I hope very much the add daytona for the endurance and have the oval as a bonus. It's 2 of the most prestigious races there are in America.

For now a single Brickyard event might be better

atomed, Bill Worrel and 13_barbas_13 like this.
  8. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I'd like to see Daytona road course, we have Sebring, and at least, Road Atlanta.
    With the emphasis on Sports Cars, we need the major American Sports Car courses in game, done by 397.

Bill Worrel likes this.
  9. 13_barbas_13

13_barbas_13 Registered

Stock car 2018 comp in oval when?
    we are many waiting, yes or no? answer: yes

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If Enduroracers hosted the Alpine, what is prevent a Stock car group from hosting a similar event? Are all the Ovals hacks/ports from other titles? I haven't paid that much attention, but you'd think there are 'some' third party ovals available.

11. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

How system manages splits? Is there plan to get rid of situations where split one have 20 drivers and 21st driver goes into split two all alone?

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

For upcoming seasons, will there be schedules announced beforehand in the future? Right now I havent got a clue what is coming in 2 days time when the new season starts.

Hocician likes this.
  13. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

We have seen more questions answered on one component of the game in 5 weeks, than we have seen on any other subject.
    Do you intend to start answering the many questions regarding flaws, bugs, direction about the rest of the game?

14. Raam Adithyan

Raam Adithyan Registered

will there be a series from reiza car pack in the future?

15. FreakVelocity

FreakVelocity Registered

I don't know if this is the right place for this question but I figure it kind of fits as with the competition system I imagine there will be more "special event" styled endurance races with driver swaps... Will you ever take a pass at simplifying the driver swap process?

As it currently sits I feel that the amount of clicks that each person has to do is immensely complicated compared to your competition enabling a driver to simply leave the car, and the driver on deck simply gets in.

16. Donat

Donat Registered

Believe me, it's very simple to do a driver swap, especially now with the new UI.

Alessio Feletto and Remco Majoor like this.
  17. Alexander76

Alexander76 Registered

Tell me, I want to participate in GT3 competitions.It is enough for me to buy one car or it is necessary to buy the whole package of GT3 cars.I only wanted to buy a Ferrari EVO.

18. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You need all the content on the series

Alexander76 likes this.
  19. Alexander76

Alexander76 Registered

It's very sad.

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Indeed, but I look at it from a more positive perspective. In return we get relatively cheap cars, and you can use all of them in the future. But yea, it sucks if you're only interested in 1 car

Alexander76 likes this.