VR Crashes In New UI

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel Gough, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Daniel Gough

Daniel Gough Registered

I have yet been able to play this game in the new UI in VR since the update. I "CAN" start the game in the new UI with HMD+Mirror is set to disabled and it will show on my monitor but I only like to play this game in VR.
    When I start the game and check hmd and mirror then launch RF2 it will take a while just for the RF2 logo to come up and when that finally does after a few minutes the screen flashes white for a second or 2 and then to a black screen and the game is loading up still at this point after a few minutes of the black screen and hearing my computer loading this game up, it will then finally flash a white screen thinking that the game is finally going load and play but to my disappointment it just crashes and goes back to the steam library where I started the game. I validated all the files and says ok not sure what to do or if I will be able to ever play this in the new UI in VR. It will play in the older UI.

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If you could supply some details about your system specs and which VR you use, this would make it easier to give assistance.

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

HAd that too - just copy your Userdata in RF2 folder - and delete player file - next time RF2 starts it`s generating new one - worked for me few times.

4. J0E

J0E Registered

I know this is not your issue, but I thought I'd relate it anyway just to waste people's time. The other night, I started up RF2 in VR and got a black screen, too. It turned out to be an easy fix. The RF2 menu screen was projected behind me. Center VR wouldn't work at that point. I had to rotate my chair 180 degrees and get in the car, then swirl back around and press the center VR button.

5. Daniel Gough

Daniel Gough Registered

Sorry about the specs I have an I7-3770 cpu @ 3.4ghz with 16 gig ram and geforce GTX 1070 card.
    Joe I know what you are talking about but that is not mu problem it crashes before I can even get to game play.
    Hazi I have heard of that and will give it a try what do I have to lose.

6. Daniel Gough

Daniel Gough Registered

Hazi do you mean to delete the entire user data file or go into user data then into player then delete the player.json file?

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I wouldn't delete anything. I think Hazi meant if you move the Player Folder to somewhere else on your PC and verify local files in Steam it will rebuild the whole folder. You will most likely have to set up all your controller buttons etc but it's a pretty good way to fix a ton of issues.

I would probably start with moving the player.json first though. Then re-start steam and launch the game. It should re-build the player.json
    If that doesn't work you could try the folder method.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Sorry for the correction JimmyT, but this is not exact and can lead him to confusion.
    Verifying the local files in Steam won't create the Player forder again. It will be created when you launch the game again.

9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

10. lagg

lagg Registered

No worries ;)

11. Daniel Gough

Daniel Gough Registered

ok so I tried deleting the player json file and started up the game and the file did get replaced with new player json file and game still crashed so the i copied the Userdata folder to my desktop then deleted that entire folder and started the game again after the 1st time the userdata folder only contained the player jason file so I am thinking that I screwed this up so I started the game again and it started to create the userdata folder again and showed me a popup that said that 45 files were missing and that they are being fixed so here i am thinking finally this may be giving me all the correct files now to play this game.
    I started the game again with HMD+Mirror disabled because I could get the game to at least play this way. It loaded up, screen was white and my geforce experience popped up so I am thinking this might work and now it crashed. So now it crashes back to steam.
    It crashes no matter if I want to play in vr or on the monitor. I cannot get this game to play at all in any mode. Nothing but problems with game since I purchased it.

12. lagg

lagg Registered

This has given me an idea.
    Try this.
    Don't use the game in fullscreen
    Configure this in the Player.json
    "Active Sleep Time":-1,
    "Inactive Sleep Time":-1,
    "Pause If Focus Lost":false,

Don't forget the final commas

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered