[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Does it happen when you open Results Viewer page and don't click on any log? Or even if you click on log files in selector? I don't really know why this might happen, I never seen this. What browser are you using? Maybe try another one.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. Sim7b

Sim7b Registered

It happen sometimes, even if I click on results. I will check with another web browser next time.

3. knackko

knackko Registered

I understand, thank you for your insctructives explanations. I will look to filters in records and delay the results files cleaning.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hi Nibo. Just started using this for a couple of leagues that we run servers for. Excellent tool.
    I have it running on two remote servers.
    The first is running flawlessly.
    The second is giving me an issue. In Options it is pointing to the correct path. Results Viewer and Records are showing me correct data but when I go to Live it is showing the other server rather than the one that should be showing. Have I done something wrong?
    Also it is very slow (which may be related?) compared to the other instance.

Thanks for any assistance.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Are you running two rF2 dedicated server on one physical server or on two separate physical servers? Looks like its one physical server and two rF2 servers...

I don't quite understand how what you describing can be happening... I don't know much about how shared memory works on different system/rF2 configs. So mostly I'm guessing.

Here is how r2la's LiveTiming works:
    Any instance of r2la will show all rF2 server streams that it will wind in system shared memory. This process is independent from paths that you enter for r2la Results Viewer to work, r2la does not use them for LiveTiming. rF2 server streams are put in shared memory by rF2 shared_memory_plugin that is not made by me. r2la scans system Process Ids and finds all processes with name "rFactor2 Dedicated.exe", parses their data streams continuously and outputs results in UI page that you see.

So if its one physical server and same physical memory, then both of your rF2 server processes should be found by both r2la apps. Both apps should show both serves on LiveTiming page. Its hard for me to tell why its not happening.

There are complications when rF2 servers are started from different windows user accounts. Then r2la might not find some of them in shared memory. There is a "use global memory" option that can be tried in this case. Its described on r2la Help page - "Live Timing troubleshooting". But it does not look like its your case. Maybe tell me how you start r2la servers, from same windows admin account or from different?

If you have more details, tell me.

Where\when exactly is second r2la instance is slow? If one of r2la instances is very slow to respond (I assume in Results viewer), then maybe that rF2 results folder has too many logs to process. Anything more then 800 can be slow on refresh and rendering in Results Viewer. Remove all old, empty and unnecessary log files.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hi Nibo and thanks for your response. Turns out something must have got corrupted with the shared memory plugin. I deleted and d/l'ed again and all working now. The super slow loading of pages is now fixed as well.
    Once again thanks for the great application.

Nibo likes this.
  7. redcic

redcic Registered

Hello Nibo,

I've just downloaded version 2.058.39 and I can't see the great "compare all logs for this car and track" button anymore. Also the "Records" section now displays an error :
    Something went wrong
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "E:/old_disk_d/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.tracks.index.py", line 23, in index
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Everything was working great in version 2.058.32. Can you please help me out ?

Edit : I've understood the issue. I didn't use the good path at firt login. It should be "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2" and not "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results"

Problem solved.

Cédric

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Nibo likes this.
  8. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi Nibo,
    Thank you for the added doc to support ssl with web2py. I did the configuration to have R2LA on https, but, there are some web browser clients which results with some error in R2LA console:
    ERROR:Rocket.Errors.Port443:Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "E:\programs\rF2 Log Analyzer\web2py\gluon\rocket.py", line 590, in listen
    sock = self.wrap_socket(sock)
    File "E:\programs\rF2 Log Analyzer\web2py\gluon\rocket.py", line 542, in wrap_socket
    ssl_version=ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv23)
    File "ssl.py", line 891, in wrap_socket
    File "ssl.py", line 566, in __init__
    File "ssl.py", line 788, in do_handshake
    error: [Errno 10054] Une connexion existante a d√ Ωtre fermΘe par lÆh⌠te distant

One or more of such errors can occurs, and then R2LA becomes unresponsive to any get requests, I had to restart it.

Seems to be an issue on gluon part, maybe web2py needs some update? I look to web2py issues closed or open.

On R2LA side, errors contains some database locked:

(dp1
    S'output'
    p2
    S"<class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'> database is locked"
    p3
    sS'layer'
    p4
    S'E:\\programs\\rF2 Log Analyzer\\web2py\\applications\\r2la\\compiled\\controllers.tracks.index.pyc'
    p5
    sS'code'
    p6
    S'<code object <module> at 05B59E78, file "E:/old_disk_d/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\\compiled\\controllers.tracks.index.py", line 1>'
    p7
    sS'snapshot'
    p8
    (dp9
    sS'traceback'
    p10
    S'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "E:\\programs\\rF2 Log Analyzer\\web2py\\gluon\\restricted.py", line 227, in restricted\n exec ccode in environment\n File "E:/old_disk_d/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\\compiled\\controllers.tracks.index.py", line 117, in <module>\n File "E:\\programs\\rF2 Log Analyzer\\web2py\\gluon\\globals.py", line 417, in <lambda>\n self._caller = lambda f: f()\n File "E:/old_disk_d/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\\compiled\\controllers.tracks.index.py", line 11, in index\n File "E:\\old_disk_d\\web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la/modules\\la_core.py", line 357, in auto_refresh\n File "E:\\old_disk_d\\web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la/modules\\la_core.py", line 25, in import_logs\n File "E:\\programs\\rF2 Log Analyzer\\web2py\\gluon\\packages\\dal\\pydal\\helpers\\classes.py", line 245, in __call__\n **newfields\n File "E:\\programs\\rF2 Log Analyzer\\web2py\\gluon\\packages\\dal\\pydal\\objects.py", line 2054, in update\n ret = db._adapter.update("%s" % table._tablename, self.query, fields)\n File "E:\\programs\\rF2 Log Analyzer\\web2py\\gluon\\packages\\dal\\pydal\\adapters\\base.py", line 1031, in update\n raise e\nOperationalError: database is locked\n'
    p11
    s.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It may be some problem with web2py Rocket server or combination of that and overloading of r2la app with requests (since database locked errors appear, also they should not unless you have really a lot of requests at the same time).
    You can try using gevent server that is available in web2py. Problem is, it does not support modes that I use with Rocket server to run LiveTiming script and r2la main app simultaneously. But you can test it without LiveTiming at least to know if the problem is Rocket server. Modify your r2la_live_timing.bat to contain only this 2 lines:
    Code:
    cd web2py
    start web2py_on_gevent.exe -c server.crt -k server.key -i 127.0.0.1 -p 8000

Substitute your ip and port values.
    Run it for a while and see if errors still appear.

I can not update web2py, because when I do this r2la app does not start. They broke some backwards comparability or introduced new bugs, I get errors and can not get around them at the moment. I see they added python3 binaries package, maybe I will try that, but it still probably will show same errors...

I will post more if I find some more info on this.

10. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

After 98 pages, this question must have been answered....

How do you change the log file directory? I can add a directory, but I can remove the old one. It's a new year and I have a new folder to keep the files in. Do I need to remove the old championship first?

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can not remove/change directory that you enter at the first start of r2la. You can either add new additional directory on Options page or you must start new instance of r2la from scratch and enter new path to rFactor2 or new path to log directory in the first form.
    You then can try to import your old r2la championships by copying r2la_settings.json file from old r2la folder into new one, then press "Import track associations and championships" on Options page in new r2la. I'm not sure it will work if paths to log files changed, but I think it should work.

12. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I think I'll try just adding a new folder and making sure I only select files stored there for this years championship. If that doesn't work smoothly, I'll install a second instance of the program. Thanks for the help and the very cool program.

13. mama_mia

mama_mia Registered

What I normally do is to add a dummy folder on the first installation, and then add the ones I really have rFactor 2 running. This way you can add or remove folders and don't need to care about the "first" you added...

I know Nibo said it would be hard to have a custom timezone, but this is really hurting, as now that we are in the summertime, we have an hour of a discrepancy, so our hosted competitions oddly start and end at 01:00 instead of 00:00. :-\

Apart from this, everything is working really great, and the tool is hugely helpful.
    Congrats

Also, I did some customization to match our site/forum colors:
    [​IMG]

Nibo likes this.
  14. TGM Earl

TGM Earl Registered

Just recently downloaded.

I’m having a problem with league members not being able to view the page. Do I have to open ports? Or have a missed something else.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Are you sure you are hosting on your public IP? I don't think you should open ports specifically, but some firewall software can block r2la if it is setup to do so, if you have strict rules or something like that.

16. TGM Earl

TGM Earl Registered

Yes hosting on public ip.
    I will check firewall settings on router again.
    Sorry, very new to all this.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Sometimes public IP that is detected and offered by web2py.exe is not correct. Try selecting Public (0.0.0.0) option when you launch web2py.exe. You can google "my ip address" and see if it is the one offered by web2py server. If it is not, then Public (0.0.0.0) option should work. And users should use IP that google showed.
    You can try to host on different ports also. Don't forget that users must have port present in the link too.

18. TGM Earl

TGM Earl Registered

Ok thanks I'll try that.

19. Odacir

Odacir Registered

Hello,

How i can change the qualify session to other race session? (the server was restarted and grid edited to don't make new qualify).

Thanks any help!

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Odacir, Qualy session xml should have the same DateTime tag value in line 11 as Race session xml. Open both files in text editor and copy DateTime tag value in line 11 from Race xml into same DateTime tag of Qual xml, save changes, press "Refresh" in r2la.