SOLVED Controller.json Problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi all,
    I am currently getting to grips with the new UI. I have noticed over the last few days [probably been there longer] that when I leave a session, my Controller.json is being changed by rF2 or my PC. This is beginning to annoy me as it concerns the steering wheel rotation, in particular:

Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default":1080,
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default#":"Default maximum wheel range to use when not read from driver, from 40 to 1440 degrees",
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver":true,
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver#":"Whether to read the steering wheel rotation from the wheel driver, if possible",
    "Steering Wheel Range":310,
    "Steering Wheel Range#":"Degrees of steering wheel rotation, both visual and physical (if available)",
    "Steering Wheel Software Rotation":true,
    "Steering Wheel Software Rotation#":"Whether to limit the maximum steering wheel rotation in software",

I have edited and saved the line "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver":true, to 'False' several times. However, if I open up the Controller.json file after a rF2 session, the line has been changed to 'True' as shown above. I am not doing this and if I edit and save, close the .json and then reopen the file, it still says 'False', but if I check after a rF2 session, it has been changed to 'True'.

Anybody have any thoughts as to why this may be? T.I.A.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Try this.
    1. Open rF2
    2. Save the profile of your controller as WhatYouWant
    3. Close rF2
    4. Change "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver":False, in WhatYouWant.json (don't forget the final comma) and save the file.
    5. Open rF2 and load the WhatYouWant profile
    Goog luck

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@lagg Thanks for the advice. I was using my own profile and thought that changing the value in the controller.json file affected them all. It seems that I was wrong and have just adjusted the value in my own profile and hey it works. Seems that every time I have been loading my own profile, it overwrites the general one as I hadn't changed the value in my own profile :rolleyes: Will have to check and see if there's anything else I need to look at!

lagg likes this.