SOLVED Problem creating multiple instances **2021**

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Ronnie-M5, Jan 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ronnie-M5

Ronnie-M5 Registered

Hi!

Since the new version (Dec/2020) I can´t create multiple server AND the worst problem: Can´t create multiple profiles.

Things to let clear:

YES, I try to copy the "player" folder;
    YES, I change the "player copy" to "server1"
    YES, I change the ports values
    YES, I read all threads about "how to create multiple instances", but this are the far far away 2013/2014.

What happens so?

The dedicated server only can see the profile that was named PLAYER.
    For exemple: If I simple change the "player" folder into "server1" (or anything), when run the dedicated the RF2 create a fresh "player" folder and guess..... Use this profile and ignore any other profile.

So I try made a RF2 complete second install. When this, receive the error msg "ensure ports set in multiplayer ini are available" (again, I already change the port numbers and all are setup on firewall and router)

Someone knows how to solve this week enigma? (Yep, RF2 are changing into a puzzle game. Every week we need to discover how this will work proplely. Sad but TRUE)

2. lagg

lagg Registered

We have several servers running without problems.
    We only use a profile per server, but we don't have problems creating different servers.
    We use SteamCMD.

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Same as lagg, we run multiple instances without issue. Also using SteamCMD.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

When you renamed the player copy folder to Server1, did you also rename the player.json file(inside the server1 folder)to server1.json?

5. Checo Rivera

Checo Rivera Registered

Taking advantage of the moment I want to ask you for your help to create a second shortcut to start the second player, I read in the s397 guide that in properties, in the destination it is placed + profile = player2, but I do not know where it should be placed, and not I know if that also has "+ path =" .. "