Competition System Blog | Week 5

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

Wednesday is here and that can only mean one thing... Competition System Blog (week 5) is now available to read and review! Your questions answered about everything online racing in the CS system, past, present and future!

https://www.studio-397.com/2021/02/competition-system-blog-week-5/

Please use the comments section below to discuss, and of course post your questions for our next posting in exactly one week time :)

Enjoy!

nurburgring_2020_october_screen_09.jpg

buzz hornet likes this.
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Oh and don't ready anything into the Nurby image in terms of the next round of tracks we are planning - it's just a pretty picture I found in the vaults here at the Studio :)

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Nurby update confirmed :D:D

Dave^ and Lazza like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Good list of answers there, cheers!

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Great blog, a lot of the answer we where all waiting, I'm all eager to race ASAP.
    +1 on the F3 hystorical

6. Spyro

Spyro Registered

Great blog, lots of questions from a known person :D

Questions on my side, to keep you busy : ;)

To which pace the system is going to evolve? is it going to be "steps by steps", or will we see big update every 3 - 4 months for exemple?

Do you have an idea how long the beta phase will be? Are we talking something like 6 months or 1 year (Maybe more?) ?

Can we expect differents racing conditions in the futur (Night, scripted weather or even real time weather) ?

Is it planned for longer races (>20 mins ?) to add the safety car either for road (where it seems to work decently) and oval racing?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

OOFF Global rankings, my poor wheel scrolling finger is gonna get blisters!

8. Guillem Rego

Guillem Rego Registered

Will the friend system you talk about in this entry allow to play with some friends who have a similar rating?

9. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

You mention support for rolling starts for some competitions in the future. How about fast rolling starts, which I know the game supports offline but I'm not sure about online. I don't think anyone is going to want to do a full formation lap at the Nordschleife!

R.Noctua likes this.
  10. Alexfighter

Alexfighter Registered

There have been many questions about marshalling and unsportsmanship behavior. You say you're looking at things about how to best manage this. I want to point out something you can explore:

How about assigning reputation? You gain some amount of rep by completing races (value depend on time/laps), you lose it by causing collisions (different amount for different seriousness). Then you can restrict entries for competitions above a specific reputation, or do the splits with players of similar reputation (or combining it somehow with the ladder if there are few entries).

Some years ago, there was a website called rleague.eu that ran rFactor and did exactly that. AFAIK, it was done automatically from the data rFactor provided, as the results of this rep changes were instant. They were able to detect when a hit was a gentle touch with no consequences (no penalty), or if it was serious in different grades, and who was guilty. I really liked that site because of that and ran a ton of different competitions, some open some restricted by rep.
    This reputation thing could also be useful information for other players for regular multiplayer play (although I understand this might be going too far).

11. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

can fantasy community content like maastrich or nsuka be featured in CS?

can we have longer races? 20min races are boring

FT60 is the only tatuus available?

the old ISI tracks can be on CS? (old ovals)

12. daguru

daguru Registered

No sure if its been asked but find own name button in the leaderboards would be nice

Hocician likes this.
  13. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Can we have a "De-register" button in CS?
    I registered for LMP3 and found i was unable to attend races due to timings and life not matching up, but I can't leave the championship. It now clutters up the "My sessions" page.

14. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Would be nice to be able to exit the game via keyboard i.e. esc then enter.

Neil Tyler likes this.
  15. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Or from any screen to a higher level. And with mouse back button.

16. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Will I be able to race in the CS in VR and not have to see the thin black border around the screen? Will it be soon ?

17. dazzer

dazzer Registered

we know the plans they have for the gameplay of the competition system but.

What plans do you have to continue improving the graphics of the game, taking into account that the other simulators continue to advance at a great pace?

Physically, are there any areas that you would like to upgrade to newer technologies such as the gear box system?

For the offline championships, do you plan to leave a system similar to that of Rf1, in which we could play the practices and classifications one day X and then do the race another day?

Finally, I don't know if they know about this, but in the new interface we have the possibility of doing 2 races in a row or more, the problem is that we cannot define different schedules or weather, basically when we configure 2 races, both are a copy of the other. and it is impossible to configure them differently.

18. EmanueleMarra15

EmanueleMarra15 Registered

Does the system reward those who compete most?

19. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

Is it in your plans to add mechanics in motion at the pit stops for changing tires or refueling? giving life to one of the key moments that are the stops in a race would be wonderful for the show

20. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

In the future, will it be possible to have, with a reputation quotient, races with drivers of my level more or less equal?