New UI - Bugs (27+3 and counting) listing, detailed reports.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Havner, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

The new UI comes with annoying slow procedure for installing packages.
    I've quite a lot of tracks and vehicles.
    It is very stressful, to keep a clean installation even on a fast SSD.

Only one package per time is selectable.
    After erery package installation, there is a multi minute booring idle time (for what?).
    Even, if something is missing and nothing was installed, the idle waiting takes same time
    Package could not be sorted by "not installed" anymore.

Can this package installing procedure please be improved similar to the old UI versions
    thanks a lot

DJCruicky and Feer9 like this.
  2. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Why does selecting All Tracks & Cars so long to come back?
    More than 3 minutes ...
    :(
    Is it because i have a lot of installed tracks and vehicles?
    upload_2021-1-23_15-12-16.png

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I’m guessing so - I have the same problem - an interminable wait for All Tracks and Cars. Added to which (while we are here), I find it annoying to have to sift through dozens of identical icons for each of my various mods to find the AT&C one - it would be nice for this to be given a unique icon, always appearing at the top of the list - whatever. Just needs to be easier to find (without resorting to a search, before anyone suggests that....)

Generally speaking, the delays (initial startup, delay before returning to the menus after exiting an online session, AT&C - etc. etc.) are all pretty painful. The old UI ‘synchronise with server’ boot delay was bad with loads of installed DLC, but subjectively almost everything feels slow now.

4. Csongor Ferenczi

Csongor Ferenczi Registered

By pressing the TAB button 4 times in the watch screen, it changes to this (UI moves to left)
    in setup menu the chat appears on the right side after pressing tab 5 times

Attached Files:

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is it any better if you go into track or car selection and change the series from there? (top left) I don't know how it sorts, but it might be easier to navigate and spot it there...

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Lazza - generally, yes, the list view (for me) is currently easier, but I suspect it just needs a few more orphaned mod entries to build up before it gets just as messy.

It’s probably about two to three years late to suggest this, but a Favourites checkbox for server mod entries woulda-coulda sidestepped this issue (and a wider one whereby you are hunting for a genuine car/track mod amongst a sea of similar entries).

7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

8. jeroen__online

jeroen__online Registered

I'm not experiencing an awful lot of issues with the new UI, at least not all of the bugs mentioned here caught my eye, but one thing that does bother me and I didn't find when searching this thread: the race results timings are not "frozen" at the finish line, so you can't see what the actual time difference was when the flag dropped. The time intervals continue to be updated after the race has ended, which was not the case in the old UI. Did anyone else notice this as well?

Juergen-BY and DJCruicky like this.
  9. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

That would explain some issues with reversed grid we had on our league recently. Some positions were switched on the batch script.

10. Liuke44

Liuke44 Registered

Is this the area bug in to the road maps?

I have crasch game on and off line ......

Attached Files:

11. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Good evening,
    For me, who has just returned to the new UI ..... Bah, as usual: crash and return to desktop during session against ia .... While with the old UI, no problems.
    Hopeless.
    Heartbreaking ....
    I'm going back to the old UI again .... At least I'm not disappointed with the old one ...

12. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Good morning,

This new UI is terrible! Unconsidered, flawed and ill-conceived. You can not see which vehicles or which session is currently running. If you try to log in and a download doesn't work, there is only the option to restart the hole PC. In the Online-event there is no possibility to get out such a simple thing as race length. How stupid is that? The setup menus are grotesquely bad and confusing. The change car function is completely missing. Communication with others is very cumbersome.
    And
    And And.
    . . .
    The new UI is a fun brake. After years as a more than an enthusiastic rfactor 2 enthusiast I am really frustrated by this software. It gets bad every time I try it again and frustrated and annoyed to stop it again.
    BRINGS BACK THE OLD UI!!!
    Or make the new halfway usable!!!!
    I am very disappointed

13. ckmackey

ckmackey Registered

Indeed, Stratoliner... It's horrible, easily the worst UI of any platform ever invented by mankind. Going back to the old UI would solve a lot of problems, although I'm betting egos will prevent that from actually happening.

RoboCAT10, Juergen-BY and juanchioooo like this.
  14. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

This is meant to be tough love fueled by a couple of IPAs after a long day, 2021 off to a mostly shit start and rF2 regressing.

Get your heads out of your asses.

Don't release ANYTHING new until you fix the countless problems that you already have. At this point new cars and track updates amount to lipstick on a pig. Focus on a sim that anyone would buy after spending a week with it and happy new customers who lead to new customers not on paid DLC and charity from those of us who have been hanging in there with as much or more patience that we extend to our own kids. STOP creating new problems.

Fucking rFactor worked better than rF2 does now. For what? A work in progress competition system and a prettier UI?

Ignore the isolated problems for now. When a user is basically the only one complaining about a problem sensibly the problem lies with the user. Users take a look within and fix your shit before expecting someone to fix it for you. I'm on a 10 year old $600 PC with a recent <$200 graphics card and experience zero glitches and more than adequate performance.

Get us back to at a minimum the functionality of the UI that was replaced with the current one. Make sure that every single feature and button of the new UI works. We can learn to navigate it, adjust to its shortcomings of logic and find workarounds. Fix one problem at a time and confirm with 100% certainty that you didn't FUBAR something obvious along the way before releasing a patch. Baby steps always forward please. There's not that many problems it's just that when one thing after the other that used to be fine doesn't work now, it's maddening.

I've been on rFactor since 2008 but I'm a minute from walking away and spending all of my serious sim time on iRacing.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    RoboCAT10, dylbie, Juergen-BY and 2 others like this.
  15. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

I gave it a try again. Started rF2 via Steam. Then I have to stupidly click launch game. Then I have to search Online Events, select more, that it take a minute to load. I have to select: same Version, not private, not full, no AI. Then sorting. Then click join. Then I stupidly have to click drive (come on what else?) Then the system tells me download not available. So back again, waiting a minute for servers. Select again same Version, not private, not full, no AI, again sorting, again select drive?? The System tries to download an item, but it does not work. No way to abort the download, no way to exit the download, no way to exit the game! Not even with task manager! The Only way is to reboot the entire PC!
    OK same procedure again. Meanwhile, 20 minutes are gone. Same issues again and again. Another PC restart again....
    40 minutes past, driven km: zero!!!!

RoboCAT10, dylbie, Juergen-BY and 6 others like this.
  16. K Juliot

K Juliot Registered

Not that this will be read by Studio 397, but I will add my thoughts. First I totally agree with Stratoliner and Tom Lory above, full disclosure I race in the same league as Tom.

I have been loyally on RF1 since 2007, bought into RF2 when you first could as a beta in 2012, struggled though many flawed builds and upgraded my PC twice just to try and keep up with what was required to even run RF2 decently. Sadly hoping that now after 9 years RF2 would have progressed out of what has always been a beta. The on track driving experience is one of the best sims but flawed by the functionality to get to that part.

I was excited when Studio 397 took over from ISI thinking they would fix it and get the core functionality, user experience working solid. But that has not happened, while there has been some good work done by them it's still clunky and not intuitive, some of the issues are still from ISI years ago. The old UI had it's flaws but it did work, the new UI talked about for over a year was released and unbelievably not one tester pointed out any basic function and missing features? I found all kinds of things wrong in the first 10 minutes, how could this have even been thought to be ready for the public, extremely disappointing.

Studio 397 needs to stop with everything else and put their effort into getting a basic solid core functional sim, logical user experience then add updates to make that even better, then new content can just enhance the base sim. The new UI has split so many functions to different pages that require many clicks to get to or put something where it makes no logical intuitive sense, for example setup Camber is on the tire page and not in the suspension section. Put more functions on a single page and if needed can be scrolled vertically and not side to side, no one is using the UI on a tablet or phone!

I really hope that changes will take place after the Road Map for January that I read, or like Tom above I'm going to give up and move on to another Sim.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    RoboCAT10, dylbie, Juergen-BY and 4 others like this.
  17. Juice

Juice Registered

My RF2 stopped working completely with this new UI. Racing season is about to start, and I can't even practice offline. I've spent many hours trying to fix it. And now the new UI just locks up, can't even click on anything now. Have to end task RF2 in task manager.

18. faandean

faandean Registered

Just let us use the old UI with the latest update, Most of us only use RF2 for Leage Racing, we're okay if we can't use the competition feature since the old functioning UI worth more than the new feature.

after v1122, we're forced to use the new UI since the old one didn't get the update.

nickcrete likes this.
  19. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Screenshots are missing. F12 makes the shutter / film drive sound and a small widow pops up that states screenshot saved with a representative thumbnail but they are nowhere to be found on my PC. The Screenshots folder that used to receive them is empty and I searched all of my drives for them.

Windows 7 fwiw.

20. lagg

lagg Registered

rF2 now uses the screenshots system of Steam.
    Take a look there.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021