Stutter issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by bksz, Feb 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. bksz

bksz Registered

As seen in the video above, im getting these micro stutters. They can also go up to 1 second in length.

Whats weird about them, is that they happen for me on every track, every car, randomly. I lose ffb completely as well for the duration.

Whats even more weird, when it happens, the game time is actually not frozen, meaning i can lose 1 second in lap time per stutter.

These are complete random. I had a race where it happened in lap 8 of the race. Sometimes it happens in lap 1 and happens in every lap, so I have no idea how to trigger it on purpose. Its extremely frustrating.

My specs are
    z170 msi
    i7 6700K @ 4.5k ghz
    16gb ram 2666
    2070 super

Forgive me, if someone mentioned something similar anywhere else.

2. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

which version of nvidia driver are you using?
    there is a known issue with several recent driver versions until the very last 2, where stutters ocur when using steamVR.

With the last 2 Nvidia drivers (461.33 I think?) this has been fixed, as long as no monitoring tools are running in background (fpsVR, afterburner, and so on).
    Other than that, you could go back to 456 / 457 driver versions, these are working for me aswell with a 2070s.

3. bksz

bksz Registered

Hello Daniel,

Yeah, i went back to 446 or something (whichever were recommended by steamVR), i have to check.

Thanks for the reply!