Unable to get DD1 and He Sprint pedals to calibrate

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sir Rouzan, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Sir Rouzan

Sir Rouzan Registered

I have had this sim now for over a week and I still can't get my wheelbase and pedals to calibrate. It works with other titles... Really baffled. How can I get them to work with this sim?

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

A couple of ideas based on past experience.
    • Try unplugging the pedals and see if you can setup just the wheel / or vice-versa. Then add the other.
    • If you have Fanatec gear with the USB adapter, try updating the firmware.
    • If that doesn't work, start with a fresh user profile / controller profile. Save your old ones to a new folder first.
    • If that doesn't work, you might consider deleting controller presets, controller.json, and use Steam (Verify File Integrity) to download new files and re-try the setup process.
    I know some of these may seem strange but, I've had such issues that only affected rF2. Profile issues can also happen with some other titles. For example: RaceRoom has been known to block controller recognition when changing hardware, requiring manual removal of old controller profiles.

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Option 1, above, should help.

Worth pointing out that the ‘Detect’ button is no real use unless you have a single controller (integrated pedals and wheel, for instance) and want to load its default profile.

You definitely should be able to get multiple controllers to work together without any effort in rf2 itself - my brake/gas pedals, wheel base and hand-operated clutch/gear paddles are spread across three different usb controllers and just need the usual mapping.

4. Supa

Supa Registered

Use DIview to calibrate your HE pedals not RF2. I'm assuing you can see your pedals in RF2. And you need to turn your heel more than 540 deg to get it to pick up your wheel

5. Hocician

Hocician Registered

i enter this thread here with that 540° thing... My wheel (OSW/MIGE/SIMUCUBE) is recognized in the controller settings but when first time in garage i have to turn my wheel some degree till it is recognized ingame with a hard push (this is annoying) ... had this not before ... came 3-4 month ago... what is this...

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 has always needed to go at least halfway to full lock to register the input (presumably input needs to exceed 0.5 to round up to 1), but I noticed yesterday when setting my inputs I had to hit the current wheel setting full lock for it to work. So that may have changed, but I didn't try with 900+ degrees to check.

Hocician likes this.
  7. Hocician

Hocician Registered

but i dont remember these kick in the wheel when it get registered... i have to prepare myself for that kick when in a car with high FFB Setting and sometimes when u use a new skin the FFB power is at 100% ... aua

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ah, sorry, I didn't understand that part properly. I don't think I got that, strange.

9. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Not sure I fully understand the issue but, try enabling the Safety switch (Disable ffb-motor output) for the axis setup phase. This has been an issue in the AMS2 Beta for some players as well.

10. Hocician

Hocician Registered

yeah i think you fully understoodf because your answer sound as it could help me! I test it out! Thanks!