Bring old UI back!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stratoliner, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Please.

The new one sucks on an extreme high level!!!

Marisa and Ralph_Raccoon like this.
  2. atomed

atomed Member

The old one is and will always be available, you're free to use it if you want to.

3. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Yes, but it doesn't have some of the features.

4. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Is not. Only till version 1122.

Or is it my mistake?

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Not going to happen, it's like that girlfriend in high school, she is gone and she won't come back.

6. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

7. philman

philman Registered

The new UI is a huge waste of time in the development of the game itself.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The old UI development has stopped at v1122. The public beta debug option listed in the roadmap will also be the web based UI currently at v1123, but it will allow users to beta test any new release for the new UI. Old UI will no longer receive updates. They have stated this repeatedly that 'some' future updates will only work with the Web UI so they will not support the old version past v1122.
    (also would have been nice if you had quoted the relevant text from the roadmap)

9. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I think all this UI stuff entirely depends on your familiarity with it. I tried RF2 a couple of years ago and left it because I could not fathom the UI for the life of me, have come back to it relatively recently and although I still have some problems with the UI, I find it FAR easier than the old one, and I for one would ditch RF2 again if I were forced to go back to the old UI.

mixer61, Jim Lee and Goncalo Costa like this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the new ui is rubbish, and no, the new one is not easier, on the contrary ... wasted time ... studio 397 should be ashamed to implement such a grotesque

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

it is certainly sad and unfortunate:(:(:(:confused:

12. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well you can say what you like but your view is no less subjective than mine, so no, I think the old ui is rubbish and the new one is better.....

Elcid43 and Jim Lee like this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Hard to say if it is better. For the main uses that I use rF2 for, the new UI is worse. And I don't take in account the technical flaws that will take probably no less than whole of this year to polish. I dislike the design, simply stuff that has been decided by S397. From boring uninformative loading screens and limited view heavy png preview images to irrational space usage in garage menu plus loss of always present spectators view format...

The only hope there is for guys like me is if someone mods out streamlined interface, that would be a bit more close to the previous UI which was a lot more faster to use. I also need fast accesibilty to devmode and tools. Meanwhile will hold on the build with old UI for as long as I will be able to resist temptation to jump into latest build.

Depending on what happens next I might stay on the last old UI build forever. Would probably switch to new UI to participate in competition system, but don't have time for that, and switching in between old and new UI causes tracks to load long time "for the first time" again.

rand777 and Hazi like this.
  14. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well at least you have a list of technical reasons why you prefer the old UI, sorry I just get annoyed with posts like the previous, I have a view based on an attempt to use this software from a while back and I am entitled to it, not for someone to just say no! It could well be that the old UI was technically more capable than the new, I did not get past my initial inability to navigate it really, I have simply found it a LOT easier to navigate the new one. But it is each to their own.

Jim Lee likes this.
  15. Gary Campbell

Gary Campbell Registered

Hi there I can understand the issue over the UI as it is now. Even with a very high end Pc its so slow. I am not a fan of it but.it is what it is. My issue is, that its taken me over a year to get it to run with my system. It was fine with win 7. The sim would install but it never found my wheel system that I had used on it OK before. So to my issue. When I turn left so my hands are say 12.30. the car skips into neutral.....but not when i turn right. I have 5 wheels all play perfectly on all my other sims....but no longer with RF2 All since the big update. Its a bloody strange that I can not seem to sort out. Any ideas would be helpful, I have uninstall re installed and so on. Still the same.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What do you mean by this?

17. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Development of the new ui is development of the game itself... if anything, the interface itself has been the least developed part of the new "ui"

Goncalo Costa likes this.
  18. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't know about that. The old UI was based on ISI tech from the early 2000's. To add anything, even a new setting to it, was a massive pain. If they decided to keep going with, it would also add delay to every new feature they ever decide to add, like the competition system. In the short run it did cost time, but in a couple of years it has probably saved them some, as you can't really work with 20 year old UI tech and make it compatible with modern design patterns etc. It's like the Windows control panel, yes it's familiar and it refuses to go, but one day it has to be replaced with something more modern.

memoNo1, Remco Majoor and Jim Lee like this.
  19. rand777

rand777 Registered

The new UI could retain some of the layout and look-and-feel of the old while being based on a more modern and flexible underling framework that allows for new capabilities. I think that would alleviate some of the issues. As it is now, it is a real frustration to use the new UI, both because of missing or non-working features and the much less optimal layout of on-screen information.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

[​IMG]
    I like how all the garage stuff is compact, and I can keep looking at replay/realtime. By the way, I dislike super small chat window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.