Competition System Blog | Week 3

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If you click on the Comp before signing up you can see the Track List for the Season, if you don't know what you have installed then perhaps a Tick or X next to each Track might be cool.
    But ultimately you should know what you have installed and remember if you don't have any of the Tracks they will be automatically downloaded for you once you Sign Up :)

Flaux likes this.
  2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Question for tomorrows blog:
    Will we see fixed(setup) series in the future? And if the answer is "yes" then the obvious when? :D

I'm sure the answer for the first one is "yes" :p

3. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Any possibility to have "meatball" flags in the future?

Just saw some people staying on track for some laps to avoid losing time in the pits, and impeding other drivers, forcing them to pit if it's not the last lap might help with that

atomed likes this.
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello everyone,

Just a note that the scheduled Competition System Blog #4 that was planned for Wednesday 27th has been delayed. At this point, it is most likely the latest post will form part of the upcoming Roadmap article.

Many thanks,

Paul

5. Hocician

Hocician Registered

so did mir first races with the comp system and had a lot of fun! Thank you that this is finaly happening.
    But please please... you have to push now! In my oppinion this is much much to small at the moment... it is weekend and i cant drive more than one or two sessions? yeah it is the beginning, beta whatever...but ne or two session per day... one disconnect/RF2 crash and one race taken out by an (sorry) asshole! (wouldnt say that if it was an accident) and thats it for my saturday race day/evening... I am RF2 Fanboy and have learned to wait for updates and so on but please... dont do it the slow way here... Give us more sessions per event, more events to choose from... more cars ...
    And there is no way that this system is working if bad behaviour isnt punished... crashes (at least the ugly ones) have to be punished and the guys need bans and so on... (i dont talk about racing accidents and so on - i mean the rude stuff)
    What is the plan here? Is there a plan to implement something in the next months? there is no auto detect system for those things, so you will need man power to judge ...

Sorry for my impatience but this can be really fun and we all wanna have fun now with the game we love so much!

atomed and Chug_59 like this.
  6. Hocician

Hocician Registered

just wanted to tell you that i had a very very great race in the F3 20 minutes ago - this was such an awesome race with so many clean and fair racing and overtaking and the field was close and so on... its soooo great! <3 Thanks guys... so now hurry up and make it bigger :-D

7. bander

bander Registered

Velázquez en el juego.aun hay gente mala.me acaban de envestir en la calle de boxes. Alessandro vete a necesita velocidad.
    Velázquez in the game, there are still bad people, I just got dressed on pit road. Alessandro go to need for speed.

8. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Yes i want also more Races at any Time, but the Problem by this Wish is, that then many of the Races are only filled by 2-3 People...at the Moment i think the Competition is ok

9. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

Please give some feedback what was causing the graphic bug adressed in the last builds.

10. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Yeah, but i
    naaaa... this isnt ok - than they should call it in "Beta" in bold ... i know what you mean and it would be a problem to split less people in to many races... we dont need 20 races per class but at least every two hours should work... what we have now is that you can drive two or three races per day... this is working for freaks, nerds and fanboys when nearly everything else in real life is secondary... i told some friends "whoop whoop - competition system is going - c´mon lets drive some races" ... i can tell you - they where totaly happy (not) when they recognized "aaaahhh in some hours at 00:30AM is the next race"... And there will be a lot people coming to test it and i think á lot will be disappointed or annoyed to see that they have to wait hours for a chance to race... than the will see "oh, that was just a qualifying..." and than they have to wait again... that is what i think will happen often...

TheGame316 and R.Noctua like this.
  11. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Ok - this is the place to ask questions for the Comp System?

1. Will it be possible to get practice server that are running all day long all night long simoultaneous to the actual race events (Like in iracing)?! I think it is important to have them because so you can learn to behave in traffic, how to overtake, make place for faster cars, how to leave pitlane and so on and so on... Communicatíon in the community will grow too i think because you can and will meet on track... For me it is also important to see where i am compared to other people... am i competetive or am i the slowest guy on earth... :-D And of course you can learn from faster guys by following them or watching them... so i think this would be great!

2. When will skins work online... ?

3. In one of my first races were a guy who missed the first corner completely and crashed into 4 people... when i saw this race from his perspective on a twitch video i saw that it wasnt on purpose, think he slept or was on the portland version without first chicane ;-) but - there is saw a generated warning " bla bla bla unsportsmanlike behaviour..." on his screen... That was very interesting and i was askink myself how you detected this as an possible unsportsmanlike behaviour? It is just a simple "you had a contact - so maybe this was not fair..." thing or is there something more complex in the background...

4. Are there any plans for the near future (if yes, when) to evaluate or judge unsportsman like behaviour? First i mean guys that do really annoying things with intention just to disturb (trolls). Later than also things like pushing you with a bump offtrack "Timo Schieb ihn raus" called in germany :-D I think there is no need for racing accidents but things with pure intention should be evaluated. How will you realize this with your small staff?

Thanks for your effort guys- its lovely that we have competitiomn now! This is a real big step forward!

12. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi all , enjoying the competition system thank you ! I find it very hard to do car setups ,normally end up making the car handle worse lol , do you intend to have fixed setup races , this would put everyone on a level playing field , and it would be down to the best driver, not on how the car handles , thank you

Manfredk2 likes this.
  13. yves remors

yves remors Registered

I thought I had all the content to participate in the LMP3 competition but it tells me the opposite, impossible to know what I'm missing.
    there is no car list

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Could be DLC tracks. The schedule is one of the options you can choose in the comp screens. That will list the tracks needed. Also you could try going back to the workshop in steam and un-subscribing from the LMP3 cars. Then exit steam. Restart Steam and Subscribe to the LMP3 cars.

15. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Yes, that's right, I'd like that too, there must be more time slots per time zone, so that virtually everyone can ride as soon as they sit down at the rig. I think that will also come, at the moment I think we have to see how many people are playing, how things are going in general etc. in order to be able to draw up a plan at all. The more race series and classes that are active, the higher the probability that there will be races that are currently taking place. I think we need a little patience.

Hocician likes this.