Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

I don't get why people believe there must be a price to pay for each thing that make a better setup.
    If lowering the pressures doesn't suit you... inflate the tires.
    There is not a BOP enforced.

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I enjoy driving in rF2 but, I'm in it for an immersive driving / racing experience (offline). I can choose to drive in a more realistic way and adjust the AI pace to suit my performance level.

In a competitive environment (such as E-racing), I would find it frustrating that I would need to use exploits just to have any hope of competing with others. It's a bit like the doping argument in some pro sports today (if you don't cheat, you have zero chance). Even the low bar is set by cheaters. Why bother even trying unless you are fine with using exploits?

With the existence of such exploits in rF2, are the developers essentially giving players free license to cheat or even, encouraging it?

3. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Opinions on the subject:

pkelly and avenger82 like this.
  4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Ah okay, so cheating in either case is the way then, right. :rolleyes:
    It seems its more about gaming the game than the actual driving but, to each their own.

I guess I'm too old to keep up with the new norm's. Where I grew up, cheating was not okay.
    This just reinforces my reasons to avoid online racing altogether.;)

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Hold on, where did cheating get into this? No rules are being broken.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would suppose he means using exploited setups or driving styles to be competitive on-line is cheating to him. So he will remain mostly offline and drive normally with setups that are not exploiting time saving opportunities.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

The simulator is the same for everyone, the rules are the same for everyone, if you want to do e-sport, and play to win, you have to do whatever the rules and the game allow. If this is in contrast with the reasons you drive in the first place, that's fine, when cons are more that pro, you simple do not partecipate. But there are not only those extremes, life is 8bit greyscale, you can be into E-sport just because you want to be there, you can do your best while remaining into the frame of your "ideal", and fight there with who is in your same league. Winning and having fun are two really really different beasts, and I can say that seldom they play together.
    Training to win in e-sport is not fun, is obsessive-compulsive behaviour... yes this can be pleasurable to whom has this personality traits, but my shrink would argue that is not good.
    Anyway, this is the game we have, this is the situation as it is, we should all try to enjoy the best as we can, each with the skill we have, the hardware we have and so on. the fun is there, even in ending a race last, is up to each one be honest with their motivations.

mixer61 likes this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The irony is that the % of people using this stuff is small and for most online racers it won't make any difference because the majority of us are slow. Nothing stops anyone from driving online with proper setups, there are people in leagues (and there will be in comp system) for every skill level out there. Heck most people dont even know how to make a setup, not even something basic to make the car understeer or oversteer a bit more to fit their driving style
    So this "I won't drive online because of physics bla bla bla" is just att whoring.

Comante and Filip like this.
  9. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

F
    Fixed setup races for noobs like me would be a nice solution to this problem

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Disagree. If you are a noob (I am!) invest some time to learn how to setup a car, not to be fast, just learn enough to make the car fit your driving style more, this is a huge help and make races way more enjoyable. If you are a noob the last thing you want is to be locked in a setup that makes you fight the car rather than the other guys around you.

11. Comante

Comante Registered

Sure, there is place for everyone, I too like fixed setup races because I prefer spend my time online on the track than trying to make a setup offline. But in the end is about motivation: if I know that I have a race on a track, and know fast laps of other humans, then probably I will practice offline in preparation.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Once you learn how to make a setup it won't take more than 15 minutes to put a car to your liking ;) like I said a setup to get the car as close as possible to your driving style, not to go fast

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The terms exploit and cheat don't fit here. This is more akin to using extra parts of the track others didn't think to, than putting a new engine in and hoping no one will notice.

Where's it's overstepping the bounds of reality that's a shame because we all want a sim here, but crying foul is unfair and emotive.

Alexandre Martini likes this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Some people don't have a lot of time to Sim Race, Fixed Setup Comps are a must for those that have very little time to worry about setting a car up. Appeal to all racers not a select category of drivers.

makan, pkelly and Remco Majoor like this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's truth. Just trying to take down a misconcept about setups. There is no need to rush to learn how to make them, but there is only benefits by learning, best thing is that they mostly work for anything with a medium level of "reality" so it'll benefit a driver in any sim in the market right now. Anyone in simracing for more than 2 years could have learned how to quickly make a setup just to make a car more comfortable to drive and that wouldn't take hard driving every day like pros with their esport stuff

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah which is why S397 have improved default setups to help aid those that perhaps don't have the time to tweak, even if someone had owned a sim for years they may only have very limited time and still not the knowledge to know exactly what they're doing.
    In order to appeal to as many racers as possible the Dev needs to cater for as many scenarios of real life players as possible

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep. Default setups have been a complaint from me for a long time. Never understood why make life hard for the majority of the player base just to please a few aliens
    I'm very glad S397 changed their approach

18. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

The issue is not that.

The issue is being able to get away with sliding the car at every corner and not being penalized for it.

The driving style changes 500% when you lower pressures. It essentially drives like a go kart!!!

And if you don't lower your pressures, you will pay the price in SECONDS, not tenths.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Most online racers don't have the skill to drive doing the "correct" sliding to go fast so it won't change anything for the majority of us...
    Are you on the level of "esports" or close to that? If not then stop caring about it, it's not a issue to you.
    People talk about it like they aren't on the top competitions because of this stuff lol, wake up... there are more issues with these cars than sliding and it hits the offline experience as well, but you see... you don't know about it, nobody talked about it properly in a video so you won't complain and you are still having fun offline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

my opinion is not based on a video or forum threads.

i know what this car can do with low pressures at sebring... i have loads and loads of laps in testing.

if you don't know the difference between high and low pressures in the amount of sliding ANYONE (not just fast guys) can get away with at a bumpy track like sebring, i don't know what to tell you.

avenger82 likes this.