Separate Task Instance for the Dedi

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by redapg, Jan 19, 2021.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

It's not necessary in this Case, it works without the +multiple too, as descibed in my above Post.

2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

If i use any of this methods when starting Dedi first i got Dedi crash as soon when rf2 starts opening main menu and sometimes i got memory error window. When Dedi works and im out of the game,my friends can join server but i cant because rf2 is runing in steam.But when i enter game and then start Dedi i can join server but then my friends are not able to join.

3. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Critical memory allocation error

rFactor 2(64 bit) failed to allocate a section of memory
    Memory currently in use:0.82GB

After that Dedi crash and UI become unresponsive and crash after 30 sec or sometimes i must close it in task manager.This is when start Dedi first then game.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

One Problem with all such Things is, that they can be caused by many Things, that don't have to depend only on the Game inevitably.
    What works on one Machine, don't has to work automatically on the other Machine too.
    So in many Cases the User has to try out different Things and find the one that works for his Machine.
    When i, for Example, read your Posts, i would start with checking if your Computer Specs match the rFactor 2 Requirements.
    It could also be a Problem with the Windows User Rights, that you have to run the Applications as an Administrator, to get them working properly.
    As said, there can be many Reasons why it doesn't work for you as it should.

kiko0602 likes this.
  5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

I7 8700,gtx 1080,32gb dd4,ssd
    I dont think my pc is a problem..in AC i dont have any problems to host from same pc.And in the past we managed to play online with old ui and +connect line..

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

If an Application like the dedicated Server crashes, while it runs without a Problem for hundreds of other Players, i always would at first suspect the Machine where it crashes, as the Problem.
    (Not only the Hardware ....)
    We all know, that rFactor 2 is not easy to manage in some Aspects.
    But i wouldn't say that it is more or less stable than other Sims.
    It maybe just needs some more Time to set up everything properly. ;)