[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Yes, we had to restart after qualy due to server missconfiguration.

Thanks!!

2. Moises Tarcis

Moises Tarcis Registered

Hello, I have used the Log analyzer program is great and I just have to thank the developer. I have a problem in Endurance championships with driver changes, in a grid with 30 cars in the log it presents from position 31 the drivers who started the race and changed during the same as DNS, is there a way to solve this detail?

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Are you sure that its driver who started the race and not drivers who were driving in Qualy? If driver1 was driving in Qualy, then started the race, but changed before finish to driver2, then driver2 name will be main name for this car in xml, so r2la will count driver1 as DNS. As far as I remember there is no way to change this. Except, maybe, remove Qualy xml, or open Qualy results xml in text editor, find <driver> tag with driver1 name and change it to driver2 name, save changes, refresh r2la. So for r2la it will look like same driver were driving in Qual and finished race.

4. Moises Tarcis

Moises Tarcis Registered

This, the same driver who starts is the one who makes the qualification, there is a change in the middle of the race and these first drivers are like DNS, I have already tested without the qualification log and the same happens. Thank you in advance for your response.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I'm not sure I can do something more. You can send me qual and race logs from event that has drivers as DNS in Standings table. I will look why this is happening, maybe I forgot something.

6. Moises Tarcis

Moises Tarcis Registered

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I see all this DNS, but as I said, it is because those drivers were driving in qual, but not in race (technically). If I remove qual xml, then there is no drivers with DNS. Looks like maybe you did not "refresh" r2la after you removed qual log? Delete qual xml file from windows explorer, press "refresh" in r2la to pick up changes, then there will be no drivers with DNS.

8. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Hi, first of all, (again) many thanks for this great tool. In our league, we've been using it for a few years now, including custom CSS:
    Example: https://www.srvn.nl/klassement/gt_2020-2.html
    For next season we have some new plans for our championships, which look similar to how S397 has run the GT Pro and GT Challenge series: with multiple splits, different participation points per split and promotion/degradation.
    Since I maintain the standings for our league, I'm looking for a way to implement this type of championship with LogAnalyzer (if at all possible).
    I'm running into a few problems, so I'd like to share these here, in hope of some ideas from Nibo (or others) on how to implement it using LogAnalyzer.
    These are the basic principles of the championship:
    - 1 Championship
    - 6 Events
    - 2 Races per event
    - Multiple splits
    - Participation points for each driver who attends an event (150 for split 1, 100 for split 2, 50 for splits 3)
    - After event 2 and 4: promotion/degradation top 5/bottom 5 of each split.
    - Standings page per split
    - Overall standings, including all drivers from all splits.

I could create one championship, including all races (6 events * 2 races * 3 splits = 36 races).
    Race 1-6 are for events 1 (1/2 for split 1, 3/4 for split 2, 5/6 for split 6).
    The issues with this option:
    - Participation Points it not editable per race: In championship options, there is the option for 'points for starting the race', but this needs to be different for the splits, so it would need this option per race (just like we have the current 'points multiplier' per race available).
    - Standings per split: I could use the 'manual car class' function, and assign each driver to a split per race, which is a lot of manual work I think.
    - The championship contains 36 races in total, which would result in a large HTML-export (which we upload to our website), which would make it slow to load.

A different solution would be to create a separate championships for each split, so 3 in total. It would solve the issue with participation points, and standings per split, but it would then be impossible (with LogAnalyzer) to create overall standings and promotion/degradation would become a problem (because if driver x promotes from split 2 to 1, he should continue with the previously gathered points). For the latter I've found a solution before: I created an extra race, faked an .xml-file of a race including the drivers who promoted, and gave them bonuspoints (not ideal either).

Also, for the standings, it would be great if we can see the difference between the bonus points for participation, and the points for the race result (right now, they are combined into one total).

S397 uses an excel sheet for their GT Pro and GT Challenge series (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...L0s28I8NnzVTivsQcMC5MMxd4/edit#gid=1596944465) , so that could be the solution for our league, but that would be a shame, since LogAnalyzer is such a great tool, and has been very helpful for the past few years.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think your option 1 could work. There is a possibility to have per race points system in r2la. You need to save X different points presets on championship create/edit page. Then select a race, press "Edit race", in "Custom points preset" field you must be able to select one of saved presets.

For option 2, maybe you can use "Custom stats" on championship page, it will show aggregate stats for selected championships. It also assigns fixed "virtual" points, so it will might not be exactly what you need.

I will look if I can separate points for participation to separate column, but I can not promise.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Lenniepen, can you elaborate, where and how exactly this " difference between the bonus points for participation, and the points for the race result" should be displayed? Do you mean in all cells in Standings or only in PTS column, two numbers in existing cell or new column? I'm having trouble imagining this. Also there are already options that are shown as prefixes in same cells, like worst ignored results etc, which makes adding another one harder...

11. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Thanks Nibo!
    I've got Option 1 working, using the different race point systems.
    Although I have to figure out a way to give drivers with a DNF only the participation point, and no points for the result (which is possible via a manual points override).

For the 'difference between participation points and point for race result', I mean in all cells in the standings. Kind of like you implemented the option for "Show driver position in driver standings (top left cell corner)"

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I looked at this, and I see more negatives than positives from adding this option. The only empty space in that cell is bottom-left corner, it looks not very informative if I add number there, not easy on eyes, because other corners may be used at the same time with other options indicators. Number itself ("points for starting a race") will be the same for all drivers (without DNS) in that race, so its the same number for whole column. Then I need to subtract retroactively this pts number from overall points, which is not simple with all other possible bonuses and options at play, and not always possible (like with "All drivers (even DNF) receive no less then this points" option). Sorry, I will not do it, too complex.

Taris Henrique likes this.
  13. David Irwin

David Irwin Registered

I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I am doing a championship and just completed my 7th race.

I assigned the race results and see that 20 drivers in the championship have correct results (see inserted RaceResult.png). Dave Irwin finished first.

When I look at the championship page(see inserted ChampionResults.png) I see that points are not awarded to Dave Irwin who is in first place in the championship. Instead a new, duplicate, driver with the name Dave Irwin has been added to the championship. I have been using the same car/team the entire championship and have not "upgraded" the car in any way for the log files to consider it a different car from previous races.

I have compared the xml files from the 6th race and 7th race and do not see any obvious reason that the xml would think that Dave Irwin is two different drivers.

I have attached the 6th and 7th race xml files.

I am interested if anyone else has encountered this issue and if anyone has any suggestions. I would be grateful If anyone could point me in a direction to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  14. David Irwin

David Irwin Registered

I ran the race at Marina Bay again and had the same issue. I then tried the next race at Circuit Paul Ricard to determine if there was something wrong with Marina Bay. I saw the same issue at Circuit Paul Ricard.

My xml shows only 20 racers, as it is supposed to. But the championship has duplicated the one I am controlling and awarding the points to the duplicate.

15. David Irwin

David Irwin Registered

I've found the cause of the issue and am working on resolving it.

The issue with the.xml files:

For the first 6 races in my championship, the logs recorded me as:

<Name>Dave Irwin </Name>

and would write my "scores" in the xml log file as such:

<Score et="1189.9">Dave Irwin (0) lap=12 point=2 t=66.939 et=1189.865</Score>

Starting with the seventh race the logs recorded me as:

<Name>Dave Irwin</Name>

and would write my "scores" in the xml log file as such:

<Score et="1189.9">Dave Irwin(0) lap=12 point=2 t=66.939 et=1189.865</Score>

As you will see, In the first 6 races my name had a white space after it. On the seventh race and after, my name no longer had the white space.

How it happened:

My guess is that it was caused by me switching back and forth from the old UI and the new UI. When you switch to the new UI, a prompt asks you to type in a nickname. It seems that the first time I typed in my nickname I added a white space at the end. The second time I typed in my nickname there was no white space. Either that or the UI guys at studio397 added a whitespace trim to the nickname field in the most recent update.

How I am going to fix it: Open up my first six races and remove the whitespaces from the xml. After that the log analyzer will not see a difference between my name before and after the 6th race.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Nibo and JimmyT like this.
  16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, that is common thing with driver names and trailing spaces. For r2la it will be two different drivers. I could not answer here earlier, I was getting my monitor fixed.

buzz hornet and David Irwin like this.
  17. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi,
    Nice looking, but there is not only a css to make this work, yes? :), I am very interested how you did it, do you call 3rd party javascript library + css?

Olivier Mardoc likes this.
  18. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi @Nibo, I got new request on competitions part. is it possible to have laps finished/started in competitions like in recordings?
    It is fine with recordings, but since recordings entries are removed when doing some xml cleaning, I have to choose when to do cleaning. Also laps finished/started in competitions will be useful to us to get laps covered by each driver during training phase.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is a difference to how Track Records and Competitions Results db tables are formed.

Track Records is truncated (erased) at the start of every "refresh" and then populated during "refresh" cycle, because of this adding lap counters was relatively easy. This way I just sum lap numbers in the main "refresh" loop, not caring if results from some log already counted or not, they always summed from zero.

Competition Results table is not erased on "refresh", because Competitions have additional feature - people can upload their session results to competitions from their local r2la's. This uploaded results need to stay in table as long as competition exists alongside with regular results (results from dedicated server logs) that were added to Competition Results during latest "refresh". I don't know, maybe nobody uses this feature and only uses competitions collecting results from dedicated server. But I can not know for sure...

Basically to add lap counters I need to remove feature of uploading results from local r2la's to competition system. I don't want to do this if somebody still uses it. And I'm not sure if it will be effective system, because it will function like Track Records counters - if there is log file, laps will be counted, if some log files will be deleted, then laps from them will not be counted. That is just the nature if r2la, it only displays current state of log files existing on disk. You will need to keep all log files to have accurate lap stats.
    So answer is not for now, I guess, maybe its better not to touch this at all.

20. Sim7b

Sim7b Registered

Hi,
    First thanks for your job, we use Log analyzer since 1 year.
    I've the same probleme, sometimes everything load successfully but frequently I can see the name of session but no details like this.
    Refresh do not help and sometimes restart either.
    [​IMG]