Newbie question: mixed gt3 car grid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuartAM, Jan 28, 2021.

1. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Sorry for the dumb question but how do you setup an offline race with a mixed grid of gt3 cars (ie 3 x Mercedes, 3 x Porsche, etc)

thanks

stu

2. likes_simracing

likes_simracing Registered

I do not know if there is a proper way to do this with files. But on the UI, make sure that the GT3 (the mod) entry is selected on the opponents filter. This is selected by default anyway when you use a GT3 car (from that mod). Put in many opponents, 2-3x more than you will actually use. Then before racing, boot the ones you do not want, then restart the weekend to remove the grid gaps for the booted cars (if going straight to racing). I can't remember if the add AI works on the new UI (did not work on the old), so that's also another way. If you boot cars on the new UI, you have to restart race (or weekend?) to show the change.

juanchioooo and atomed like this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

As @likes_simracing said, but if you want concrete grid I use to set for one oponent in the session settings oponent tab and then add it in the race menu, on the top left of the race menu.

Attached Files:

• .jpg
      .jpg
      File size:
      94.9 KB
      Views:
    juanchioooo likes this.
  4. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Thanks guys both work. I did notice if I set it up and then change my car it resets it to a one make race
    Stu

atomed likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are entries, as noted to choose GT3(or GTE for that matter) but also individual entries for each GT3 car.