DD2 Clipping , any custom FFB?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTR886, Jan 25, 2021.

1. GTR886

GTR886 Registered

Any DD2 owners here that can share their Controller.JSON and FFB setting?
    Im getting massive clipping with the recommended DD2 setting from fanatec and super low FFB in cars.
    any feeling in the steering wheel will result in massive clipping or jolt when the car is off road.

Is there a custom FFB files like AMS2 for rF2?

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

There should be a wheel-specific preset in rF2. If not, you could start with another DD wheel preset, such as the SimuCube / OSW / AccuForce.

Load the preset, assign your axis and buttons, save (export) your controller profile using a unique name and exit rF2. Then restart rF2 and load your named profile again to make sure it's loaded properly. From there, you can test and make adjustments but, if you edit the profile manually, be sure you edit the one you named only.

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

...just check the sign (+/-) of the “Steering effects strength” entry in the .JSON you choose. Some wheel bases (Simucube for instance) need a negative number, others (Fanatec?) need a positive number. Pick a .JSON with the opposite sign (without correcting it) and all of your forces will be reversed - which may well break your wrists the first time you jump in the car and the wheel tries to go straight to the bump stops with 25Nm of torque instead of self centering....

Broadly speaking though, your experiences are not dissimilar to what I had out of the box with my Simucube 2 Pro - horrendous jolts from kerbs and walls and sometimes low FFB from normal driving. You can easily calm down the jolts by editing the relevant entries in the FFB section of your .JSON controller file (and then reloading it....) Also be aware that car selection can make a huge difference - the GT3s and LMP2s etc. generate huge FFB forces on track - older historics feel as if there are almost none sometimes...

Use Motec to determine when rf2 is actually clipping normal forces with whatever your car-specific in game FFB setting is too...

...and don’t ignore any filter settings you have at your disposal in the Fanatec SW (haven’t a clue, sorry, but in the SC2 True Drive software, you can make quite a difference to how various forces feel).

4. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I use the settings in my signature with a car-specific FFB multiplier of about 0.55-0.60 in rF2. FFB feels just fine.
    How do you have noticed that you have massive clipping? Hardware clipping or signal clipping?
    I can't detect any of it with my DD2.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Simply do not use the recommendations from fanatec.
    For best results:
    disable all fake effects like interpol, natural damper, friction, etc.
    set the range to 1440° in both, the base and the controller.json and enable software lock in it.
    set every force to 100% in the wheel.

And then lower the car specific ffb multiplier to whatever you prefer.
    this is the only configuration which is closest to realism you can get.

all those addition fanatec settings add effects that do not come from the simulator and are not needed for rF2.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

here is mine for the dd1
    just change:

From
    "Steering torque capability":20,

To
    "Steering torque capability":25,

Attached Files:

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

8. TJones

TJones Registered

Wow @Gonzo that's what I would call "Hardcore" setting. :D

Gonzo likes this.
  9. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

most realistic ;).

10. marti

marti Registered

Ok im not sure where to post anything on this forum it's very difficult to navigate.
    So sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I need to know if there is a way to get this game to run properly with a simucube 2 pro.
    I have tried for a week now and it's not working with my simucube 2 pro, feels like shit.
    Anyone out there who can help with getting the game dialled in with the simucube, it would be
    much appreciate. Thanks

11. lagg

lagg Registered

I would post this in the tecnical support subforum to have more atention.
    This is a thread dedicated to DD2.
    Its possible that any owner of a Simucube come here

12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

There is a rF2+SimuCube2 specific thread (Granite Devices).

There's a lot of information to sort through but, #1 thing is to reduce FFB gain in rF2 (to avoid signal clipping).
    Any other ffb settings are rendered irrelevant where soft-clipping is occurring.

#2) Keep things simple
    • Adjust Game ffb Gain (35-50% a good starting range)
    • SC2 power setting for rF2 (50-70% to start)
    • Leave Direct-Input settings at default.
    • Use SC2 Friction (0.5 - 7% range) to reduce notchy or loose center feeling.
    • Used SC2 Damping to control wheel response (Speed) to reasonable level (or reduce oscillations).
    • Do not use Inertia or other SC2 settings until the above parameters are at a good baseline setting.
    • Once the steering and ffb seem stable, adjust the Recon Filter to remove grainy or raw ffb details.

13. Mostdope

Mostdope Registered

Would someone share his dd1 or dd2 settings for fanalab?
    Thank you

14. jose1997422

jose1997422 Registered

Hola, acabo de empezar en rfactor y también tengo problemas para encontrar un ffb adecuado para mi fanatec DD1, el problema es que los pianos se sienten demasiado fuertes y luego si me salgo de la pista en el césped apenas siento nada.