[REL] WeatherPlugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stefan_L_01, Dec 14, 2017.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

..\rFactor 2\UserData\Player\

2. Liuke44

Liuke44 Registered

"rf2WeatherPlugin.dll":{
    " Enabled":1,
    "LOG":0,
    "UID":0
    }
    }

ok and then?????

3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Just to check: you open rf2, then a local dedi on same machine (localhost - you must open the dedi after rf2 else you get an double instance check failure), then you connect to the dedi in rf2 and play on your local server?
    What is happening is with one profile that rf2 opens the comm of the weather communication to client first, but on server it can not control the weather.
    If this is the scenario, your dedi uses the same plugin config and thus the same uid for the tool comm, but this uid is allready used by rf2 which must be started first.

For this scenario:
    Copy player folder to player2
    Rename inside player.json to player2.json
    Add to your dedi startup link command
    +profile=player2
    Assign in player2 folder in plugin json a different uid for the weather tool
    Set uid in weather client

Liuke44 and Corti like this.
  4. Liuke44

Liuke44 Registered

Now work!!!!!!

thank's!!!!!!
    ;)

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hi James
    V4 is basically ready, but the results from the API are weired. e.g. currently I get 100% cloud cover in Daytona Beach ...
    Sometimes temperature is 0 in the api response and so on. I´m sry to say but I ll observe first a bit before release

nonamenow, Grandi, Spyro and 3 others like this.
  6. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Stefan, no problem, wait until you are happy with it. Thanks for your effort.

7. Gecko898

Gecko898 Registered

Good evening all, I cannot seem to get the plugin to work with my dedi server, it shows the error message "webquery failed: The remote server returned an error: (403) forbidden"

I have installed as per the direction in this thread and re-installed, with the same error showing.
    Can anyone give me a steer as to what I am not doing correct.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

We're the same but I suspect I keep getting a V4 key rather than a V3 key. I even signed up with different name/email but didn't work. Wondering if they have stopped supplying V3 keys.
    On the good side Stefan is working on a plugin for the V4.

9. JamesB

JamesB Registered

It could be something like that but I registered for a v4 key first as I did not know any better, then I got the v3. The v3 login page is slightly different to the v4 and the keys are definitely different so I doubt it. But as you say, Stefan is working v4 and if they are going to shut down v3 soon anyway, there will be no choice but v4. Hopefully he is getting on OK and we will have something to test soon.

nonamenow likes this.
  10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Is there a way of identifying one from the other? I signed up for a V4 first on my PC and when that didn't work I then logged onto the server and signed up for a V3 key with different name and email. Both keys are 32 characters long.

11. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well yes, if you go to the climacell website you have different login pages for V3 and V3 go to whichever one you want, login and then see what the first 2 or 3 digits of the key is, that will tell you which one you have put in the app.

12. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Stefan, any news on how you are getting on? Is it going OK or are you having trouble with V4 still? Just interested not trying to rush things, I know what the development phase can be like.

13. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Yeah have not done anything, it was ready last week - no big deal just decode the json a different way.
    Just observing data coming from server. Looks better this week. I just dont want complains when temp is 0°C without reason as last week here and there. I will make beta soon

Corti likes this.
  14. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

But here is something to think about. This screenshot is currently over germany from weatheronline (Stuttgart)
    EDDS.PNG
    and this is from climacell app
    CC_EDDS.jpeg

as you can see something is missing over germany, the rainradar. The sharp borders to west and east are the typical bound of rain radar circles
    Needless to say: It does NOT rain with coordinates of Stuttgart or Aalen currently with ClimaCell API. The source of CC is mostly rainradar for rain, and if it fails to grab data which can be tracked in the mobile app , it will not rain in your game

Corti likes this.
  15. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Yes, that's not good, I think fundamentally the reason that a lot like the idea of real time weather is the chance of unscripted rain to catch you out and make you change your strategy. Do you think its just a glitch on their part at the moment or something more fundamental?

16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I uploaded V1.14 with climacell V4 support
    I removed wundermap option
    I added an exponent factor for rainrate, you can damp rates by exponent (say 0.9) to get more dynamic high rain rates in rf2 without clipping or reaching 100% too fast (while damping low rates less, however they ARE damped of course too)

Gecko898, yashiman, Corti and 3 others like this.
  17. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Thanks Stefan, will have a look at this tomorrow.

18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Thanks very much for all the hard work.

19. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Thanks again Stefan, appreciate your efforts. Now using the V4 API.

20. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Stefan, it seems to be working, The only reason I cannot say for sure is that although 300 ish miles away in the south east of England I have the same weather as Le Mans in game but that's correct. Temp is 20deg c in game here its 15. don't have the access denied messages so I can only assume that all is well, Will check weather elsewhere tomorrow and pick a location where I should see some definate change but it seems to be good.

Thanks VERY much Stefan, I really appreciate your effort. This is a huge boost to the immersion in the sort of races I like to run.