Competition System Blog | Week 3

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

Can you believe we are in the third week of our regular Competition System blog posts? Yes, it's been a pretty interesting few weeks with development, and once again Marcel Offermans takes the time out to update you on progress, and answer your questions.

Check out the latest posting here: https://www.studio-397.com/2021/01/csblog-week3/

As always, if you have something you really want to know about the new system, post your question below, and we will try and cover it next week.

Happy racing.

rF2 Blog Post 3 - 4.jpg

Jan Jankowicz, S-AMG, lagg and 2 others like this.
  2. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

Glad to know you made the system effective so that costs do not impact so much on your end while providing servers for free.

Congrats on that!!!

leseb64 likes this.
  3. Binny

Binny Guest

Public Beta i think is a great idea, think it should be implemented more when you get to a certain stage in development as it has to give you more feedback and make it hopefully quicker to get to a stage where you can move on to other areas. great blog enjoyed reading.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

*sigh* won't be playing on my phone anytime soon, then... :p

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

1. AFTER Qualifying, I was 8 out of 8 participants, But only 4 of us were given a place on the results. I am assuming this meant 4 of the fellows left before the session was completed. They still get assigned to faster groups I hope.
    2. At Azur, any penalty for crossing INTO the pit lane exit or cutting inside the bollard at T1?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Qualifying method is wide open to sandbagging. We had a group of cars mostly in the mid 1:40's, but the winner was 2 seconds ahead of the 2nd place car and 5 to 7 seconds faster than the main pack. This was the LMP3 race that PJ was in.

8. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

When I leave a competition race, 9 times out of 10 I get this screen...

Untitled.png

Instead of the results screen.

Anyone else?

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I have seen a few others have this a few times, but none for myself

10. Esplomer38

Esplomer38 Registered

Hello,
    My experience in this new competition system has been in the two TATUUS tournaments, mostly circuits, my question is,

How do you plan to act and penalize pilots who cause accidents with dirty and unsportsmanlike behavior?

Since I have participated in the races, I have had more than one incident caused by pilots with reckless behaviors, such as being taken off the track on a straight without more, that they do not allow themselves to be turned with a blue flag, that at the starts cause multiple accidents , all these actions going unpunished and generating discontent on my part, because if this is not sanctioned, the new competition system will not have much future, at least for me.

Cheers,

Esplomer.

Chug_59 likes this.
  11. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

good morning and congratulations for the excellent work you are doing, but I ask you to include more normal times in the races !, with European times, otherwise it is almost impossible to participate, please, and then I ask you if it is possible to also enter GT3 SERIES and GTE, which are the most popular, thank you

R.Noctua and atomed like this.
  12. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Registered

Just wondering
    1- if and when a ranking system will be implemented. (Apologies if this info is already available).
    2- if qualy and race will be back to back.
    3- If the first race and qualy start a bit later. Could be wrong but i think it starts at 1800 CET so an hour later would be great. Rest of the schedule will need to be adjusted which is a pain i guess.
    4- any plans for more races per day per region and when.

13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

-When can we expect big events taking place in the system (Indy 500, if teams aren't implemented yet 2.4 hours of spa/nords for example)
    -Can we expect rolling starts for GT cars any time soon, which would also be good for the stock car 2018
    -How many cars can a event support atm? For example can a single nordschleiffe event have the full 90 car grid?

14. Chug_59

Chug_59 Registered

I know that the issue is redundant, but for any competition to go forward, bad behavior on the track must be sanctioned, it is not reasonable to wait with illusion to enter a race at 02:00 AM, sacrificing night rest, and that in the first lap they take you off the track and destroy your car, mistakes we all make, but some are very flagrant and should be corrected with a penalty in the middle of the race. This if you want to have a serious competition, not to become an arcade in which anything goes ... Greetings.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

will there be the possibility of rejoining after an event has started?

16. Comante

Comante Registered

That's would be important, because sometimes the joining process fail or RF2 crashes , if we could rejoin a qualify or during the warm up before a race, everyone would be happy, because as someone pointed out, it's ugly when you cut your spare time and then a mishap put you out of the games.

17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Rejoining mid q would cause join stutters for some and will give this yellow boxes.

What would fix this maybe is if you could load in all the signed up cars, even if the driver driving in them hasn't joined yet. The original AC does this. Just means that if the driver doesn't join, there simply is a driverless car in the pit taking away resources

Comante likes this.
  18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Not sure if it was asked before, but will there be stock content series in the competition system? Right now I usually find myself with a missing track and that way I couldn't take part in these series...

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There already is, has been and will be Free Content Comps, not necessarily "stock" content though as you'll still need to download a Mod or Track perhaps, but they're all free :)
    Edit: if you're missing the items the game should download them for you

Flaux likes this.
  20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Would be cool to filter that in the compsys. So I only see competitions that work with my install. If I want to....