Creating a simple Race Event - Not Working...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r00b Driver, Jan 25, 2021.

1. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

[EDIT]
    I can't be bothered any more to figure things like this out.
    S397 have really got to get on top of this UI to make things more user friendly.
    Don't bother replying as I shan't be using this route - but thanks for reading!
    Have a good day
    [/EDIT]

Hi all,

I thought I would package up a simple race event so that I can quickly run the same set of AI drivers for an offline Single Player season.

I followed the instructions on the Steam Guide (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554544322).

I created my mod Package (saved into the packages folder), which shows up in the (new) UI:
    Content > Packages > slightly greyed out but still clickable Packages button, which opens up the Packages window.

Here I can see my mod, I click install, it goes through the process of installing - allegedly installing it.
    Then, when complete, the installation window closes, and the mod disappears from the list.

If I navigate back to Race > Single Player > Race Events, my custom mod is not listed under the Series.

If I open ModMgr.exe, from '\...\rFactor2\Bin64' my custom mod shows errors.

What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: Incidentally, if I press the Install from the MAS tool, it says it's installed, but actually it isn't (same result as above).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    KDickie likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Your working directory in mod manager is wrong, it should be the route rFactor 2 folder.

3. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Thanks Woodee