Rfactor 2 in beta phase?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tetemr, Jan 21, 2021.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's bugs in all those Sims, it seems to me you're either incapable of understanding or are merely trolling.

2. tetemr

tetemr Registered

I know that for a long time, but I have friends who want me to believe that the game is in beta so that I do not get frustrated, thank you very much for thinking like me that it is not in beta, with this I end the conversation, thank you and applause for all

3. tetemr

tetemr Registered

no, i'm not a troll, i'm just frustrated with the game's bugs. Regards my friend

4. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Каждый сим не идеален. В каждом свои минусы. Попробуйте поиграть больше, переход не всегда "плавный" с одного сима на другой.

Let it be an encrypted message. :D

Jan Jankowicz likes this.
  5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

As a consumer we have a choice to purchase and support or not.
    In my assessment Rfactor2 is the leading sim at what I prioritise (physics).
    Value?
    I used to play Codies F1 on X box.
    With annual game £50 and X box live £40 it was £90 per annum.
    iRacing which in physics most accept is not as good, costs hundreds of pounds to buy content and you still never own the game and have to rent it at circa £100 p.a.
    I paid about £60 for life back in the launch pricing model when yearly subscription was £12.
    These days I buy almost all DLC just to support the development.
    Is it a finished game?
    It keeps getting developed. S397 keep setting targets and going for them.
    The biggest sim race of all time LeMans was successfully hosted on this platform. 20 million viewers watched the greatest field of racing drivers to ever share a track. To me that made it look fairly finished. Still it keeps getting developed.
    Compared to other products?
    There is always a fan base for other sims/games.
    iRacing fans are some of the diehards. It was hyped so hard when it lacked so many things (like track evolution, day-night transitions, current tracks).
    If you want a fly by night ripoff PCars was a great example. It was "gunna Nuke all other games" Where is it now? Very expensive (many paid up front to "invest).
    Bottom Line
    You get to decide. You pay your money and take your choice.
    In my view the sim is world class and unsurpassed. My £60 spent 8 years (and maybe 3000 hrs ago) was a bargain. New car and track packs are a snip. Very happy customer here.
    If on going development and some bugs offend you you have other options.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    pascom likes this.
  6. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

When I bought RF2, I thought it was complete crap and deleted it. Went back after a month and now I have 90% of the content bought.

It's about like olives - it takes time to understand.

7. tetemr

tetemr Registered

I know, the problem that rfactor has me hooked, but that does not mean that I can get frustrated with the game because of what is happening to me, yesterday I could not enter rooms to play because I had problems with mods.

8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

To be honest, I don't like mods as they are very rarely at the level of S397 DLC. But there are some that I can recommend:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2110884303 - need S397 DLC(GTE, LMP2, Dpi)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2362626369 - free
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2357782148 - free
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847879631 - VLN skinpack, need S397 DLC(GT3)

9. Comante

Comante Registered

Cyberpunk has been in development 8 years, and people were buying it on "closed box" long long ago. RFactor2 is out from 2012, so they have almost the same age, Rfactor2 can be 2 years older actually, but they did'nt sell it before avaialability..

10. tetemr

tetemr Registered

you are agreeing with me, thanks

11. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

You seem to be playing the victim role here, as if S397 committed crimes against humanity. They are aware that the game is far from perfect, they have a long list of things to fix but, it takes take time and in the meantime, they still have to pay the bills.

I too, get frustrated with the slow pace of progress at times but, there are plenty of other titles to occupy my time until rF2 improves further. I've been sim-racing since the beginning. We've never had it so good in virtual racing, as we do right now.

Jan Jankowicz likes this.