When you upload a track to steam should you subscribe?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Normark, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Normark

Normark Registered

I have uploaded some tracks to Steam Workshop. Now I´m not shure if I have to subscribe to my own tracks in Steam. I have the same package in my Rfactor2 installation, but will it be regognized as the same track if I set up a server to run the track?
    I think, do the track get an ID when I upload it that will make a mismatch if I don´t subscribe?
    Thanks if anyone can explain that.

2. Brent

Brent Registered

You will be able to join a dedi server you host with your mod you installed locally (as long as it's an identical version of the rfcmp to what you uploaded to the workshop). I generally uninstall my local rfcmp, save it to another location for storage/archive, then subscribe to the workshop item anyway.

Granted, I've always installed tracks and mods (with exception to DLC) on my dedi manually by copying over the files from my local install. I've done it so many times it's quicker than trying to install it from the workshop through the steamcmd command line. I've almost thought about writing a batch file but IMO copy and paste takes a few seconds and I favorite the location of my local install and my dedi install so I can browse to them quickly.

3. Normark

Normark Registered

Thanks Brent :)