[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. jaco

jaco Registered

Hi @Lazza , I had version 0.9.2.1 installed. I just updated to 0.9.2.2 and after some testing I'll get back to you.

2. Andrew Tusay

Andrew Tusay Registered

You were right @Lazza, I had as well v0.921 installed. I've upgraded to the latest version and now the issue is gone!
    Cheers!

svictor and jaco like this.
  3. jaco

jaco Registered

svictor likes this.
  4. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Silly question, but is it possible to show dynamic weight distribution?

I’d like to see what weight transfer is happening and what happens when changes are made to the setup.

I’ve just started reading one of Ross Bentley’s books and I’m getting more and more intrigued the further into it i get.

5. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

I would suggest starting with the ISI Nissan GTR GT1, with that car you have all Motec channels open.

Though you can open all channels on the official cars, but you dont want to look at that...

Dave^ likes this.
  6. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Not sure what the book you are reading is saying but you could "visualize" weight transfer by using a math channel in e.g. MoTec. Luckily rF2 provides signals with the tyre loads and thus you could easily calculate the longitudinal weight bias.

longitudinal_weight bias [%] = (load_LF+load_RF)/(Load_LF+Load_RF+Load_LR+Load_RR)*100

Dave^ likes this.
  7. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Does anyone know how I can share a track map with sections I made on my own (in Motec) ?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have a look in Documents\MoTeC\i2\Workspaces\Circuit 1\Track Maps (choose your own workspace if you have a custom one, obviously)

If they put whatever file you give them in there, i2Pro will use it on the next log load that matches that name (I think).

Fabian Balle likes this.
  9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I have a question;
    I updated my PC which necessitated installing this plugin and a new Motec install instead of the old one I had.
    Tyre Temps. My previous one would give me a total of 7 readings of tyre temps at 3 depths; Surface (3 across outer middle and inner) -Mid (3 across outer middle and inner) and Core (1 only).
    Currently I just get one set of 3 across the tyre (looking a bit like mid depth as it lacks the extreme high temps of the surface temp).
    Suspension. I used to see suspension velocity and can't see a channel for that one.
    Did RFactor2 stop outputting this data or did I use the wrong version of Motec?
    Thanks in advance.
    David

Apologies I have just read about optional channels. That answers tyres temp question.

10. Sufrazgil

Sufrazgil Registered

Hi! I don't have any information on the engine temperature. Is this how it should be?
    upload_2021-1-22_9-52-28.png

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Some/all DLC blocks some telemetry, including those.

Sufrazgil likes this.
  12. Sufrazgil

Sufrazgil Registered

Can be a particular channel must be turned on?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure I understand, but let me illustrate. A car's physics (.hdv) file has these optional entries:

Code:
    [PLUGIN]
    AerodynamicSensor=1
    EngineSensor=1
    SuspensionSensor=1
    TireForceSensor=1
    TireTemperatureSensor=1

If any of those are missing, or have =0 instead, then much of the data relating to that area (aero, engine, suspension, ...) will not be provided.

The plugin doesn't change what it's doing from car to car; if you get certain channels working in one car but not another, then it's because of the car.

Sufrazgil likes this.
  14. Sufrazgil

Sufrazgil Registered

It`s my *.hdv file
    [PLUGIN] // Whether certain sensors are available as telemetry outputs
    AerodynamicSensor=0 // Aerodynamic force sensors
    EngineSensor=1
    SuspensionSensor=1
    TireForceSensor=0
    TireTemperatureSensor=1

15. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

this is amazing, thank you very much Lazza for this awesome plugin!

Since the new UI doesn't have the controls/devices anymore, i couldn't find where to configure the marker bind... Is there a way to do this or a default on the keyboard?

16. Alexandre Martini

I'm trying to figure out a way to determine inner/center/outer tire wear.

does anyone know a safe way to determine those? currently i'm multiplying tire wear and the mean of the temperature for the inner/center/outer of the tire, something like this:

stat_max('Tyre Wear FL' [%]) * stat_mean('Tyre Temp FL Inner' [C])

then dividing that my that average of the three readings to reach a value from 0% - 100%, like this:

(stat_max('Tyre Wear FL' [%]) * stat_mean('Tyre Temp FL Inner' [C])) /
    ((stat_mean('Tyre Temp FL Inner' [C]) + stat_mean('Tyre Temp FL Centre' [C]) + stat_mean('Tyre Temp FL Outer' [C])) / 3)

would you say this is a safe (or even "not stupid") way to calculate this?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It doesn't show what each of the plugin controls are in the list, but if you click on them to assign them (starting at #1), it'll say what they are when it asks you to press them. So try that ;)

Well, bearing in mind there's no correct way to do it, I think your approach is fine. I think when I played around with it at one stage I instead calculated a factor for each of I,M,O by making it a little exponential based on an 'optimum' temperature and played around with the exponent until it just sort of felt right, but I couldn't say it would be any better or worse. So as a basic thing, power (current temp / optimum temp, exponent) where exponent might be something like 1.4. Then scale those 3 values to the overall wear. But I didn't really do any testing to gauge how well that might work, so just have a play and see how you go :cool:

Alexandre Martini likes this.
  18. Alexandre Martini

i knew those entries were supposed to mean something. :D

good idea, i may try that and see if they results are close to mine... thanks a lot!

19. David O'Reilly

20. David O'Reilly

@Lazza I was remiss in not acknowledging your efforts in that little video I did. I will add it to the comments and will do so in the next one.
    Thank you.
    David