SOLVED Cannot Access Multiplayer in new UI

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Have tried switching to the new UI several times now. Everything seems to go OK and rF2 loads normally. If I click on 'race' I get to an offline version, can go out on track etc. However, if I click 'customise' for the multiplayer option, I just get a blank light grey screen and rF2 just sits there doing nothing. I have to close rF2 down using the Task manager as there are no other options. I have verified local files [all ok], updated my graphics driver, but nothing has changed. I run rF2 through VR.

Any advice most welcome. T.I.A.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you've never got it working properly, some people had to remove their UserData folder completely (and verify files again) in order to get a decent experience. If you go that route move it somewhere so you can copy anything you need back over, don't delete it.

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi @Lazza - I have had it working before, but decided to give it another go after the 'last' update when it became 'official' and that's when the issue started. I have reverted back to the Old UI a couple of times, but each time I try the new version I am getting the same problem. I might try a 'new' multiplayer json before I go the UserData folder route.

Any other thoughts would be welcome.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

To rename the UserData Folder, before you start the Game, is the quickest Method to check if one of the Files, that are included in that Folder, causes the Problem, what often is the Case.
    And you don't loose anything.
    If a fresh generated UserData Folder doesn't solve the Problem, just delete it and rename the old one to the proper Name again.
    And if the fresh UserData Folder solves the Problem, you can port your old Settings Folder and Files like your Controller File, FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal, all_vehicles.ini ... one by one (to be able to notice if one of them again corrupts your Installation), to the new userData Folder.
    And you can also port your Settings from the old player.JSON and multiplayer.JSON to the new Files, by using a Text Comparison Tool or the Tool "Transfer your settings from old to new generated player/multiplayer.JSON" from my Website.

5. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks @redapg will try this when I get home

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@redapg OK, I have tried fresh UserData approach and exactly the same result.

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

8. redapg

redapg Registered

@Mark Fuller Do you maybe use the "Better UI", that is offered here in the Forum?

9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I don't think that's relevant as using a new UserData file would remove those files wouldn't it?

10. redapg

redapg Registered

No, that are 2 different Things.

11. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I did try to use the 'Better' UI, but it hadn't worked. So, just put my files back. I will try and repeat that process.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

And you also could do another Steam File Verification, if putting back the old Files doesn't help.
    There was an Update of the Game Yesterday.

13. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@redapg Thanks for your assistance. I restored my bundles folder again and was able to try again tonight and seems to be working. :)

redapg likes this.