Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 18, 2021.

1. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

i got to enjoy better graphics even one day now it's gone the cabin view is again too dark why should it be darker than the other views? the road reflections are gone, hopefully they will be made to work sometime in the future

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Because the new lighting system is not fully implemented.
    They said that would begin with the exterior environment and after that would implement it in the interior of the cars.

3. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

You are telling me, the devs rolled back the changes, and in the progress broke the compatibility with the old UI, which is the only stable enough UI to actually use, without even saying that this would happen. Not even a freaking month of backwards support.

People went voluntary back in 2017 into the dx11 branch, even though they lost the HUD plugins, something that has to this day not been compensated for, but we did it anyway, because it was even in beta stable enough.

When you force something like the new UI down people's throats and they will go out of their way to roll back in masses, you need to stop and reassess why people don't like it. It is not just that it is somehow more unstable then when I last tested in September, but the layout is so horrible that I don't think anyone that touched it has ever heard of even the basics of HCI and User Interfaces

ennimann, flyfisho, JimmyT and 10 others like this.
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

That's the fine communication skills between Devs and User,like it was (is) for years.:D
    Back to AMS2....till they wake up.

F1Aussie likes this.
  5. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

ok what about road reflection removal. before December they work well.

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the miseries of rfactor2, worse they can no longer do

7. lagg

lagg Registered

No idea

8. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Is it stable now? to switch back from the old UI....

9. Onny de Queljoe

Onny de Queljoe Registered

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

here it's rFactor 2, the king of the kings, the top of the top, about FFB and physics...and even with the issues, here we prefer rFactor 2....
    Just compare the Reiza rF2 bundle cars with the AMS 2 cars, you can immediately notice that AMS2 feels arcade.
    So no, no return to AMS2. it's a bye bye to AMS2, it will never challenge the driving experience and feeling from rFactor 2, in 1 year, in 5 year, never.

AMS2 FFB :
    ams2.jpg

rFactor 2 FFB :
    rf2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    R.Noctua and Thaichang like this.
  11. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

smarty pants, when rolling back to a build from a month ago, where the old UI was compatible, making no addition that would break compatibility so you would just need to set the version number to the same.

And my point still stands, I know they said they would discontinue the compatibility, but rf2 tries to claim there is a difference between a patch that requires for the project to be build and a "build update" besides an arbitrary amount of lines in the changelog and calling it something else. And clarity that this would be the update that would end it would go a long way, as so many people are having a rude awakening right now, especially with the mess the last week has been a sensible person would keep clear of the new UI.
    We are not asking to get the new features, just to not brick this for no reason.

I am somebody who uses this mess of a new UI, but I have had it crash whenever I open the serverbrowser crash to desktop, and quickly rolled back to the old UI to get around that. Lets hope this does not happen again

Ernie, juanchioooo and ennimann like this.
  12. ennimann

ennimann Registered

Is this the 1.123 Build Thread?

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

little notice,
    I find the cockpit auto exposure always darker than the bonnet auto-exposure :

20210123225418_1.jpg
    20210123225428_1.jpg

20210123232113_1.jpg
    20210123232105_1.jpg
    I don't know why many have said it's too much bright, cause I really wants to have more brightness.

14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

ah ok, sad. But now I understand.

R.Noctua likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think it is mostly VR users who have seen the extreme brightness. I thought the LMP3 Norma cockpit was looking very good after that last update. Hope to see it fully sorted.

17. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Please don’t reinstate the auto exposure. It worked ok on clear and light clouds but really wasn’t good in partial clouds. It was overdone and the constant change in exposure was distracting. For those not happy with the current exposure, use Reshade to play with exposure to get it how you want it. In fact I suggest to anyone not happy with the current picture to try Reshade. As a suggestion to S397, colour settings such as exposure, saturation, and warmth adjustments in game would be pretty cool

Remco Majoor and Andy Bonar like this.
  18. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

If they can get the balance right I think autoexposure would be great. But the first attempt was overly bright in e.g. prototypes. I agree about exposure, saturation etc - would be really nice to be able to adjust to your own preference in game.

19. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I still wonder why they change/bring things like these auto exposure feature. I can't remember that people had asked/complained about it in a big manner whereas there where bigger complains about basically everything else of the UI. It's like: Here is the new UI. It works as we wanted and the development is over. Let's move over to the next thing of your To-Do list. I mean there is a list with 30 bugreports regarding the new UI and none of them have been fixed in the last (reverted) releases. There is even a guy who developed the "Better UI": He managed to fixed some of the UI issues within a few weeks. And than there is S397 who are no able to fix a single thing within an acceptable timeframe.

If i had released this buggy piece of software and i would have given this kind of feedback by nearly the whole community i would be ashamed of myself and would have tried everything to fix these existing bugs.

marvelharvey, R.Noctua, Ernie and 3 others like this.
  20. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I would suggest a darken background for UI too as it was on old one since being so white it blinds me...

Filip and Dady Cairo like this.