Simple question. Shouldn't have to ask.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnW63, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Tonight, I just wanted to test a car on a few tracks I have subscribed to. It used to be easy. Select all tracks and all cars. Pick each one and hit Race.

I can't do that in the new AI. It wants me to select a Mod. I don't have a Mod for what I am trying to do because it's just single player. I'm testing things before I put them on my server and make a Mod.

I set my Mod Manger to point to the packages folder and the rest, so it sees all my installed stuff. When I run the MAS2 utility it sees nothing installed for Tracks. I don't see a difference in the MAS2 settings on my server vs. my PC. This is rather frustrating. I can't just pick a car and a track and go racing? I may have to switch back to the old UI, since the new one seems to be designed for online stuff only.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wherever you're seeing the event/mod name, click on it. Select all cars and tracks.

You can also change the current event in both car and track selection.

3. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I stumbled into it. I never considered " All cars and Tracks" a mod. I thought it was just a setting you clicked on to see all the cars and tracks.

What do I need to edit in the MAS2 util to get it to see my installed stuff?

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Selecting "All cars and tracks" in the series will display everything you have installed... nothing extra to do.

6. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Jimmy,

I followed those steps in the past. I don't choose to customize anything. The problem is, when I get to the spot to start picking cars and tracks, there is nothing to choose. It's looking in the wrong place, but other than pointing it to the Packages folder, which I have done, the instructions are little help.

7. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Woodee,

I get that, but I don't recall that choice being listed as a mod I had to choose, in the past.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

All tracks and cars has always been a series.... even in rFactor 1

9. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

But, it's not now. It's in the list of all my Mods that I have used in the past.

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Maybe a screen shot, that may help understand what it is you're seeing.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'm now confused what you want to do. You want to race any combination of your cars and tracks you have installed? You say you also have many series installed, including "All tracks and cars" which is there by default. Disregard what you had in the past.... let's work with what you have now. Please post screenshots of what you see and what you are trying to do because to be honest it is getting hard to follow in order to help.

JimmyT likes this.
  12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

upload_2021-1-24_9-31-0.png

upload_2021-1-24_9-31-49.png

upload_2021-1-24_9-32-41.png

upload_2021-1-24_9-33-48.png

So that's the sequence I use, click on the series, then on the page that shows all the series click on All Tracks & Cars then select.
    Then you click on the track selection and the list of tracks should show, click on the track you want and then SELECT.
    It should work that easily. I don't know if you have to choose a directory path in the new UI.

Just had a thought. You are starting from the steam page?
    upload_2021-1-24_9-39-46.png
    upload_2021-1-24_9-40-26.png